This product is in stock
Lowest price - £45.02
Amoxicillin package leaflet
This information brochure contains general information on Amoxicillin. Be sure to also read through the Amoxicillin package leaflet before use for advice as to how to use and dose the medication. If you have any questions after consulting this information, please contact a doctor or pharmacist.
What is Amoxicillin and what is it used for?
Amoxicillin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic. It is prescribed as a course to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections, such as respiratory infections (pneumonia, bronchitis, sinus infection, middle ear infection), bladder infection, Lyme disease, chlamydia and meningitis. The active ingredient amoxicillin travels through the bloodstream to the infected tissue where it kills off the harmful bacteria. As a result, symptoms such as pain, fever and malaise are reduced quickly. Amoxicillin is a prescription-only medicine.
What you need to know before using Amoxicillin
If you are taking Amoxicillin for the first time, please read through the warnings below:
- Do not use Amoxicillin if you are allergic to the active substance amoxicillin or any other ingredient in this medicine;
- Always finish the entire course without stopping in between, even if you feel better. Stopping early could cause the infection to return;
- Amoxicillin is safe for use by pregnant women and nursing mothers, provided the maximum dose is not exceeded. It is, however, advisable to inform your doctor that you are taking it;
- Amoxicillin may interact with other medicines, such as the typhoid vaccine and certain anticoagulants. The doctor will have a list of medicines that you should avoid mixing it with.
How to use Amoxicillin
Amoxicillin is available in various forms, including capsule form. The capsules should be swallowed whole, without chewing, with plenty of liquid. They can be taken before, during or after meals. If you have a sensitive stomach, it is best to take your capsule with food to avoid stomach distress.
Strength, duration and dosage should be determined by a doctor based on the symptoms. Amoxicillin is usually prescribed as a 5 to 15-day course. Always follow the prescribed dosage and read the package leaflet closely before use.
Possible side effects
Amoxicillin is generally well tolerated, but in some cases it may cause:
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, diarrhoea, stomach ache);
- Skin irritation and/or itching. Consult a doctor if you have these symptoms;
- Fungal infections of mucous membranes (vagina, mouth).
Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe or bothersome. For a complete list of possible side effects, see the package leaflet. In the information brochure Experiences with Amoxicillin you can read what other customers have said about this medicine.
How to store Amoxicillin
Keep medicine out of reach of children. Store Amoxicillin at room temperature and in the original pack. Do not use after the expiration date (see packaging or label).
Amoxicillin contains the active ingredient amoxicillin. For a full list of ingredients and information on the manufacturer and marketing authorisation holder of this product, see the package leaflet.
|Product||Price (incl doctor’s consult)|
|Amoxicillin 250 mg 21 caps.||£45.02||Start consultation|
|Amoxicillin 500 mg 21 caps.||£45.63||Start consultation|