This product is in stock
Lowest price - £84.73
Champix package leaflet
This information brochure contains general information on Champix. We advise you to also read the Champix package leaflet closely before use. If you still have any questions after consulting this information, please contact a doctor or pharmacist.
What is Champix and what is it used for?
Champix is a withdrawal medicine for giving up smoking. It makes it easier for people who are addicted to nicotine to quit. Champix contains the active ingredient varenicline, a chemical compound that binds to the nicotine receptors in the brain, which produces an effect that relieves the craving. This increases the chance of success of quitting significantly. Champix is only available on prescription.
What you need to know before using Champix
There are a number of things that you should take into consideration if you want to start using this medicine:
- Do not use this medicine if you are hypersensitive to varenicline or any other of its ingredients;
- Do not use this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding;
- Quitting smoking may have an effect on insulin. It is therefore important to specify what medicines you are taking when you order, so that the doctor can advise you on this if necessary.
- This medicine may cause sleepiness or dizziness. Stay out of traffic if you experience these side effects.
How to use Champix
Champix works based on a step-by-step plan:
- Start taking 0.5 mg of Champix one week before you actually stop smoking. During the first three days of this week, take one tablet a day, followed by one tablet twice a day for the remaining four days.
- From the week 2 to 12, take one 1-mg tablet twice a day. You should quit smoking between day 8 and day 14. It is up to you to decide which day is preferable.
Champix tablets should be taken at the same time each day to avoid missing any doses. The tablets can be taken with or without food.
If you still have an urge to smoke after 12 weeks, or if you are afraid the urge to smoke will return, you can repeat the course. However, you should not do this without consulting a doctor. Read the Champix package leaflet before use for detailed information on the use of this medicine.
Possible side effects
Champix may cause side effects, including:
- Withdrawal symptoms such as headache, trembling, sweating and increased appetite. These symptoms will reduce after a number of days;
- Nausea. Taking the tablets with food can help prevent this;
- Sleepiness, dizziness;
- Difficulty sleeping, abnormal dreams.
See the package leaflet for a complete list of possible side effects. In the information brochure Experiences with Champix you can read what other customers have to say about this medicine.
How to store Champix
Keep Champix out of reach of children. Store this medicine at room temperature and in the original package. Do not use this medicine after the expiration date has passed (see package or label).
Champix contains the active ingredient varenicline. See the Champix package leaflet for a complete list of ingredients and information on the manufacturer and marketing authorisation holder of this product.
|Product||Price (incl doctor’s consult)|
|Champix starterkit 0.5 mg 11 tabl. and 1 mg 14 tabl.||£84.73||Start consultation|
|Champix 0.5 mg 56 tabl.||£136.84||Start consultation|
|Champix 1 mg 28 tabl.||£84.73||Start consultation|
|Champix 1 mg 56 tabl.||£136.84||Start consultation|