Chlamydia Test Kit
Product review Chlamydia Test Kit
Share your experience with this product here. Did it live up to your expectations?
When you rate and review a product, your review is visible to any visitor to the site.
If you want to leave an anonymous review, then fill in ‘anonymous’ in the field for Name and City.
|Chlamydia Test Kit Test-Point (for women)||£13.41||Add to shopping cart|
What is the Chlamydia Test Kit?
Chlamydia is one of the most common STDs. An STD is caused by a bacterium that is passed on through unprotected sex. If you suspect you may have contracted chlamydia but don’t want to see your GP, you can take the Chlamydia Test Kit to be sure. Dokteronline.com’s partner pharmacies have this test in stock and available for immediate shipment. The test requires a vaginal discharge sample from the neck of the womb. You can perform the test yourself. The result of the test will appear in the test window on the test cassette 15 minutes after the test is performed. The Chlamydia Test Kit is only intended for use in women.
What is this test used for?
Very often, early stage chlamydia does not cause symptoms at all. Some women may experience pain during urination, non-specific stomach pain or an increase in vaginal discharge. If left untreated it can cause serious complications such as an increased risk of ectopic pregnancy or infertility. Chlamydia can be easily treated with medication. The quicker you get treatment the better. Therefore, it is important that you don’t wait for symptoms to appear. Test yourself if you suspect that you may have contracted chlamydia. The Chlamydia Test Kit enables you to do so simply and discreetly whenever it suits you.
How to use Chlamydia Test Kit
The Chlamydia Test Kit is available online from our partner pharmacies. If you order today, we will have the test delivered to your doorstep within just a few business days. This is how the Chlamydia Test Kit works:
- Before carrying out the test, read the package leaflet and have your kit materials ready;
- Collect a vaginal discharge sample from the neck of the womb with the cotton swab according to the instructions in the package leaflet;
- Hold the cotton swab in the test fluid of bottle A. Wait five minutes;
- Pour six drops from bottle B into bottle A. Stir well using the cotton swab;
- Remove the cotton swab;
- Close sample bottle A and shake well;
- Add exactly two drops from bottle A to the sample well on the test device marked ‘S’;
- The result of the test will appear in the test window after 15 minutes.
Attention: these are short instructions. Always read the more detailed version in the package leaflet before performing the test!
Evaluation and result of the Chlamydia Test Kit
The test cassette has a test window. The result is shown by means of violet lines. There are three possible results:
- The result is positive if two lines appear in the cassette reaction zone, even if one of the lines is very faint. This means you have chlamydia.
- The result is negative if only one violet line appears. This means chlamydia has not been detected.
- The result is invalid if no violet line appears. Repeat the test with a new sample and test.
If you have tested positive, make an appointment with your doctor for further examination and treatment. If you don’t want to visit your GP, then click here for a list of treatments that you can order via Dokteronline.com’s affiliated doctors and pharmacies.
It is also important to notify your (former) sexual contacts so that they can have themselves tested and treated as well. If the test shows up negative and you have symptoms or fear you may be infected, you should consider going to your GP.
When not to use the test
The Chlamydia Test Kit is not suitable for use during pregnancy. Do not use the test during and for up to three days after a menstrual period or if suffering from a urinary tract infection.