Product review Clindamycin
Share your experience with this product here. Did it live up to your expectations?
When you rate and review a product, your review is visible to any visitor to the site.
If you want to leave an anonymous review, then fill in 'anonymous' in the field for Name and City.
|Lowest price||£38.73 (incl. VAT)|
|Prescription required||:||Yes (consultation included in the price)|
|Product||Price (incl doctor’s consult)|
|Clindamycin 150 mg 24 caps.||£38.73||Start consultation|
What is Clindamycin?
Clindamycin is a type of medicine called an antibiotic. The active ingredient clindamycin kills certain bacteria. By doing so, it cures bacterial infections and provides relief from the symptoms. Clindamycin is a prescription-only medicine.
What is Clindamycin used for?
Clindamycin is used for treating bacterial infections such as:
- Respiratory infections (e.g. pneumonia, bronchitis);
- Infections of the skin and soft tissue;
- Bacterial vaginosis (a bacterial infection causing vaginal discomfort such as itching and an increase in vaginal discharge);
- Trichomoniasis (STD);
- Joint and bone infections.
How to use Clindamycin
This medicine is available in various forms, including capsule form. The capsules should be swallowed whole with plenty of water and can be taken with or without food. Clindamycin is usually prescribed as a 7 to 14-day course. Always finish the entire course, even if you feel better. Strength, length of treatment and daily dose should be determined by a doctor.
Unless otherwise prescribed by a doctor, the recommended dose in adults for most infections is:
- 150 to 450 mg every six hours for as long as the doctor prescribes.
Children need to be given an adjusted dose. Read the package leaflet before use.
Medicines can cause side effects, although some people may not experience any. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with Clindamycin:
- Gastrointestinal symptoms like stomach ache, diarrhoea and nausea. Seek medical advice if you have severe diarrhoea and cramps;
- Inflammation of the mucous membranes in the mouth;
- Allergic skin reaction due to hypersensitivity.
These side effects generally disappear during or after the course of antibiotic treatment. Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe or if you experience side effects that are not listed on the package leaflet.
When not to use Clindamycin
Clindamycin is not suitable for everyone. Do not take this antibiotic if:
- You are allergic to clindamycin or any other ingredient in this medicine;
- You are taking a broad-spectrum antibiotic called erythromycin.
Consult a doctor on the use of this medicine if you have a history of inflammation of the large intestine or a decreased kidney of liver function. You should also tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines when you order. This is to avoid potential interaction and to make sure that the combination with Clindamycin is safe.
Clindamycin should only be used with your doctor’s approval if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
This medicine does not affect your reaction time or impair your ability to drive safely.
This medicine does not interact with alcohol.