What is Eklira Genuair?
Eklira Genuair contains the active ingredient aclidinium bromide, which is a type of medicine known as a bronchodilator. It works by opening the airways to make it easier to breathe and relieve coughing. Eklira Genuair is available online through a Dokteronline.com partner pharmacy.
What is this Eklira Genuair used for?
Eklira Genuair is used to treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). COPD is a chronic inflammatory condition in the lungs that causes permanent damage to the lungs. Symptoms of COPD include difficulty breathing, shortness of breath and coughing. Eklira Genuair allows the muscles around the airways to relax and the airways to open. This makes it easier for people with COPD to breathe. Eklira Genuair provides about 12 hours of relief.
How to use Eklira Genuair
Eklira Genuair is inhaled directly into the lungs using an inhaler device. The inhaler comes with 30 to 60 doses. To use the inhaler there are several steps you need to follow:
- Remove the cap;
- Press the green button to release one dose of powder;
- Breathe out completely without holding the inhaler to your mouth. Then place your lips tightly around the mouthpiece;
- Inhale strongly and deeply through the inhaler to breathe in your dose;
- Hold your breath for up to 10 seconds, so that the medicine can work. Remove the mouthpiece from your mouth and breathe out gently.
- Put the cover back on;
- Rinse your mouth with water to remove any remaining powder. Then take a sip of water.
Consult the package leaflet for detailed instructions.
Eklira Genuair can be ordered online from our partner pharmacies. Unless otherwise prescribed by a doctor, the recommended dose in adults is:
- one dose to be inhaled twice a day (morning and evening).
This medicine is not suitable for use in children under 18 years of age. Read the package leaflet before use.
Although rare, Eklira Genuair may cause side effects. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine:
- Inflammation of the sinuses;
- Common cold;
- Dry mouth;
Consult a doctor if you experience these or other side effects. For a complete list of possible side effects, see the package leaflet.
When not to use Eklira Genuair
Eklira Genuair is not suitable for everyone. Do not use this bronchodilator if:
- You are allergic to aclidinium bromide or any other ingredient in this medicine;
- You are allergic to atropine or atropine derivatives.
Use caution if you have health issues such as asthma, glaucoma, prostate problems or a heart condition. For more information, see the package leaflet.
Be sure to tell the doctor if you have a health condition that is not listed above or are currently taking medication. The doctor will be able to advise you whether you can use Eklira Genuair safely.
Do not use Eklira Genuair if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, unless otherwise advised by your doctor.
This medicine may cause side effects such as dizziness. If you feel dizzy, drowsy or your alertness is affected in any other way you should avoid potentially hazardous tasks such as driving.
This medicine does not interact with alcohol.