Product review Epiduo Gel
Share your experience with this product here. Did it live up to your expectations?
When you rate and review a product, your review is visible to any visitor to the site.
If you want to leave an anonymous review, then fill in 'anonymous' in the field for Name and City.
|Lowest price||£72.76 (incl. VAT)|
|Prescription required||:||Yes (consultation included in the price)|
|Product||Price (incl doctor’s consult)|
|Epiduo 0.1% / 2.5% Gel 45 g.||£72.76||Start consultation|
What is Epiduo Gel?
Epiduo gel is used to treat acne. It contains two active ingredients:
- Adapalene, a Vitamin A derivative. Adapalene increases the turnover of the skin cells, which aids the natural exfoliation of the outer layers of skin and also reduces inflammation;
- Benzoyl peroxide, a medicine that causes the top layer of skin cells to break down and which has an antibacterial effect.
Epiduo gel helps the skin look healthier and flawless, and is for external use only.
What is it used for?
This gel is used to treat acne, also known as pimples or zits. Acne is typically found on the face, neck and back. Symptoms of acne include:
- Greasy skin;
- Pimples with yellow heads;
- Subcutaneous infection (pustules).
Acne is caused by an overproduction of sebaceous matter. If the outer layer of the skin becomes too thick, sebaceous matter will accumulate under the skin. Pimples are the result of acne bacteria infecting the pores of the skin. Applying Epiduo gel causes the top layer of skin cells to break down, which helps infected pores to heal and inhibits the formation of new infections.
How to use Epiduo gel
Epiduo gel should be applied thinly to clean skin. Do not apply the gel to broken skin. Avoid contact with the eyes and mouth, and wash hands thoroughly after use. Once the gel is absorbed you can apply a day cream or make-up if you want. It may take a few weeks before the effect of this medicine is noticeable. Do not stop using it if you do not see results immediately.
Unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor, the usual dose and application method for Epiduo gel is:
- In adults and children aged nine and above: a thin film to the affected areas once daily, as described in the package leaflet.
Children should only use this product with approval from a doctor and under supervision of a parent or guardian. Once the skin has cleared, Epiduo gel can also be used to prevent new acne from forming.
Epiduo gel can cause side effects, including:
- Skin irritation (redness, burning sensation, itching) in the areas where the gel was applied;
- Dry, flaky skin;
- Increased sensitivity of the skin to UV light: avoid exposure to direct sunlight and use good quality sun cream to prevent sunburn.
Read the package leaflet before use. All of the possible side effects are listed there.
When not to use Epiduo gel
Epiduo gel is not suitable for everyone and should not be used if:
- you are allergic to adapalene, benzoyl peroxide, or any other ingredient in Epiduo gel;
See the package leaflet for more information about contraindications.
Epiduo gel should not be used, or only with your doctor’s approval, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Epiduo gel does not interact with alcohol or affect your ability to drive safely.