Product review Gluten Check
Share your experience with this product here. Did it live up to your expectations?
When you rate and review a product, your review is visible to any visitor to the site.
If you want to leave an anonymous review, then fill in 'anonymous' in the field for Name and City.
|Gluten Check 1 test||£20.01||Add to shopping cart|
What is a Gluten Check?
The Gluten Check allows you to determine if you are intolerant to gluten. The test detects IgA anti-tTG antibodies in the blood. The presence of these antibodies may indicate an intolerance to gluten. Gluten intolerance is also called coeliac disease. The Gluten Check is very accurate and fast: the result of the test can be read on the test cassette within just a few minutes. No test is 100% accurate and if there are any doubts as to the result, consult your doctor.
The Gluten Check is available without a prescription.
What is this test used for?
Gluten intolerance or - to give its medical title - coeliac disease, is a digestive disorder. In coeliac disease, specific proteins that are found in wheat, barley, rye and oats, collectively called gluten, cause the immune system to produce antibodies that attack the delicate lining of the bowel. Symptoms of gluten intolerance include:
- Fatigue, lack of energy;
- Stomach pain;
- Constipation or diarrhoea;
- Loss of appetite.
Early diagnosis of coeliac disease is important because if left untreated the disorder can result in serious complications such as:
- Skin disorders;
- Weight loss;
- Delay in growth in children;
- Increased risk of intestinal cancer.
The Gluten Check can be used to establish if you are intolerant to gluten.
How to perform the Gluten Check
Read the package leaflet thoroughly before performing the test and check if the kit is complete. Before you start, be sure to have your kit materials ready. Test yourself as soon as possible, in any case within 10 minutes, after having taken the test cassette out of the foil pouch. This is how the test is carried out:
- Wash your hands with warm water and dry them well.
- Cleanse your fingertip with the provided alcohol swab prior to using the lancet.
- Prick your fingertip with the lancet according to the instructions in the package leaflet.
- Press a droplet of blood out of your fingertip and hold the capillary tube in the blood until it has completely filled (see instructions).
- Place the capillary tube with blood in the vial with the buffer solution and mix well.
- Apply three droplets of diluted blood to the cassette well.
- Wait five minutes for the results to appear in the result window on the test cassette.
Result of the Gluten Check
The test cassette has a control window and a test window. If a coloured line appears in both windows, you have tested positive for gluten sensitivity. If only one coloured line appears in the control window, no gluten antibodies have been detected. If no lines appear in either window, then the test is invalid. Dispose of the test cassette and repeat the test.
Consult your doctor for further testing and advice if the test result is positive. You may be referred to a dietician who can provide you with nutrition therapy (gluten-free diet). You should also contact your doctor if the test is negative but your symptoms do not improve.
The Gluten Check has no side effects.
When not to use the test
Consult a doctor before using this test if you suffer from haemophilia or use blood thinners.