Product review Gynest
Share your experience with this product here. Did it live up to your expectations?
When you rate and review a product, your review is visible to any visitor to the site.
If you want to leave an anonymous review, then fill in ‘anonymous’ in the field for Name and City.
|Lowest price||£63.18 (incl. VAT)|
|Prescription required||:||Yes (consultation included in the price)|
|Product||Price (incl doctor’s consult)|
|Gynest vaginal cream 80 g||£63.18||Start consultation|
What is Gynest cream?
Gynest cream is used to relieve vaginal symptoms in menopausal women. It contains the active ingredient estriol, which is a naturally occurring form of the main female sex hormone oestrogen. Gynest vaginal cream is a hormone replacement therapy (HRT) preparation that is given as a supplement to replace the falling hormone levels in the body. Hormone replacement therapy is also known as hormone therapy (HT). Gynest cream is only available on prescription.
What is Gynest cream used for?
During menopause, women’s bodies produce less and less oestrogen hormones. In some women, this can cause a thinning of the vaginal tissues, which in turn can lead to symptoms such as:
- Vaginal dryness;
- Itching, pain or irritation in the vagina;
- Pain during sex;
- Increased susceptibility to vaginal infections;
- Increased susceptibility to urinary infections.
With Gynest cream, oestrogen (in this case in the form of estriol) is applied into the vagina in order to directly supplement the vaginal tissues with oestrogen. This allows the vaginal tissues to heal and provides short-term relief from vaginal symptoms.
How to use Gynest cream?
Gynest cream comes with convenient disposable applicators for single use. The disposable applicator should be filled with the prescribed dose of vaginal cream. Insert into the vagina according to the instructions in the package leaflet. Apply at bedtime to allow the medicine to act while you sleep. Using a panty liner will protect your underwear from seepage. Gynest cream is usually used daily. As your symptoms improve, the cream can be used less frequently. Its use should be reviewed by a doctor after three months to see if it is still needed.
Unless otherwise advised by the doctor, the usual dose in adult women in:
- Insert one dose of cream into the vagina at bedtime. Once the symptoms improve, then one dose is used twice a week for maintenance.
Do not exceed the recommended dose and read the package leaflet carefully before use.
Gynest cream may cause side effects, including:
- Vaginal itching or irritation;
- Breakthrough bleeding or vaginal discharge.
Consult a doctor if these or other side effects are severe. For more information on side effects, see the package leaflet. The package leaflet will also tell you that all women using HRT have a slightly increased risk of serious side effects such as cancer and thrombosis compared with women who don’t use HRT.
When not to use Gynest cream
Gynest vaginal cream is not suitable for everyone and should not be used if:
- You are allergic to estriol or any other ingredient in this medicine;
- You have active breast cancer or other oestrogen-related cancer or a history of this;
- You have a blood clot in a vein (thrombosis) or the lungs (pulmonary embolism) or a history or risk of this;
- You have vaginal bleeding of unknown cause or an overgrowth of the lining of the womb (endometrial hyperplasia);
- You have a blood or liver disease.
Consult a doctor on the use of Gynest cream if you have a health condition that is not listed above or are currently on medication.
Do not use Gynest vaginal cream if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
This medicine does not interact with alcohol or affect your ability to drive safely.