Product review Lactulose Syrup
Share your experience with this product here. Did it live up to your expectations?
When you rate and review a product, your review is visible to any visitor to the site.
If you want to leave an anonymous review, then fill in ‘anonymous’ in the field for Name and City.
|Lactulose syrup 3.35 mg/ml 300 ml||£4.41||Add to shopping cart|
|Lactulose syrup 667 mg/ml 500 ml||£4.67||Add to shopping cart|
What is Lactulose Syrup?
Lactulose helps with hard stools (constipation). The active substance lactulose is converted in the intestines in natural acids (lactic acid, acetic acid). These acids draw water into the intestines and stimulate the intestinal wall. The stool is bulkier and softer and digestion is stimulated. Lactulose is not addictive and can also be used by infants, children, pregnant women and lactating women. You can order lactulose online through the chemists who work with Dokteronline.com. A prescription is not required.
What is this product used for?
Lactulose syrup is used against constipation. Constipation can be identified by the following symptoms:
- Laborious and/or painful bowel movements requiring you to squeeze hard. Sometimes hemorrhoids will appear;
- Hard faeces, droppings;
- Abdominal pain or distension.
How to use and dose Lactulose syrup?
The partner chemists offer lactulose available online. The general guidelines for the initial dosage are as follows:
- Adults and children ages above 15 years: 30 ml of syrup per day.
- Children from 7 to 14 years old: 15 ml of syrup each day.
- Children aged 1 to 6 years: 10 ml of syrup each day.
- Infants: 5 ml of syrup each day.
You may experience side effects whilst using Lactulose. It usually involves side effects such as:
- Gastrointestinal complaints such as abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, flatulence. Usually these symptoms disappear after some time;
- a too high dosage can cause diarrhea. Take less lactulose if you suffer from this.
The leaflet contains more information about side effects. If you suffer from severe side effects, consult a doctor.
When is it best not to use this product?
Lactulose is not suitable for people who are hypersensitive to any component of the syrup (see leaflet), and should not be used if you suffer from acute abdominal pain, intestinal obstruction or galactosemia. This laxative contains certain sugars. Talk with a doctor about using lactulose if you have an intolerance to sugars. Only give this self-care product to children and infants in consultation with a physician.