Product review Medisana MediTouch
Share your experience with this product here. Did it live up to your expectations?
When you rate and review a product, your review is visible to any visitor to the site.
If you want to leave an anonymous review, then fill in 'anonymous' in the field for Name and City.
|Medisana Meditouch 2 mmol/L Blood glucose monitor||£34.17||Add to shopping cart|
|Medisana Meditouch 2 Test Strips 50 pcs.||£17.21||Add to shopping cart|
|Medisana MediTouch Lancets 100 pcs.||£8.56||Add to shopping cart|
What is the Medisana MediTouch?
Would you like to check your blood glucose (blood sugar) quickly and accurately? The Medisana MediTouch tells you if your levels are too high or low within seconds. The Medisana MediTouch blood glucose monitor is simple to use and is extremely accurate. The results are shown instantly on the display. The blood glucose monitor (or glucose meter) comes with a lancing device, 10 lancets and 10 test strips. The Medisana MediTouch can be ordered online via Dokteronline.com’s partner pharmacies.
What is this device used for?
A glucose meter is a very important medical aid for people with type 1 or 2 diabetes or those at a higher risk of developing these conditions. If left untreated, high or low blood sugar can cause serious problems. Depending on your blood sugar levels, these problems can be avoided with medication or by eating or drinking something with sugar. The Medisana MediTouch analyses glucose levels in the blood and gives immediate results. The meter takes food intake into account, which makes the readings highly accurate.
How to use the Medisana MediTouch
The Medisana MediTouch is available online from our partner pharmacies. This is how you perform a blood glucose test with the Medisana MediTouch:
- Place the batteries in the device. Read the manual for instructions on what to do before using the meter for the first time and how to set the correct time and date.
- Remove the test strip from the packaging and insert into the meter according to the instructions in the manual. The meter will turn on automatically.
- Click on the correct icon to indicate whether or not you have eaten.
- Wash your hands with water and dry thoroughly. Insert a clean lancet into the lancing device and place firmly against the side of your fingertip to prick your finger.
- Gently squeeze your finger to get a blood drop and apply the drop of blood to the window at the bottom of the test strip so that the test strip can absorb the blood. When there is enough blood in the test strip, the hour glass symbol will start to beep.
- Within a few seconds, the test result will appear on the display. This result will also be automatically stored.
- Dispose of the test strip and lancet after use.
The Medisana MediTouch has a memory that stores up to 360 test results. Consult the manual for instructions on how to view and delete stored results. If your blood glucose levels remain too high or too low, you should talk to a doctor. Always consult a doctor if you don’t feel well, even if your test results indicate nothing out of the ordinary. Never alter the dosage of prescribed medication based on your test results without consulting a doctor first.
When not to use this device
The Medisana MediTouch should not be used to check blood glucose levels of children under 12 years of age. Consult a doctor before using this glucose meter if you suffer from haemophilia or use blood thinners.