Medivere Vitamin D Blood Test
Product review Medivere Vitamin D Blood Test
Share your experience with this product here. Did it live up to your expectations?
When you rate and review a product, your review is visible to any visitor to the site.
If you want to leave an anonymous review, then fill in 'anonymous' in the field for Name and City.
|Medivere Vitamin D Blood test 1 pc.||£27.07||Add to shopping cart|
What is the Medivere Vitamin D Blood Test?
Medivere offers a home test which measures the amount of Vitamin D in your blood by collecting a blood sample. You then send the sample to a certified laboratory to be tested. The results of your lab test will be posted to you or you can access the results online anonymously. The Medivere Vitamin D Blood Test is available without a prescription.
What is this test used for?
Vitamin D is important for good overall health. The body needs Vitamin D to absorb calcium from the food you eat. The two main ways to get Vitamin D are from your diet and by exposing your bare skin to sunlight. Vitamin D deficiency - when the level of Vitamin D in your body is too low - can cause many physical and psychological symptoms, including:
- Fatigue, lack of energy;
- Bleeding from the gums;
- Sleep problems;
- Muscle and/or joint problems;
- Loss of bone density (osteoporosis);
- Brittle, thin nails;
The Medivere Vitamin D blood test can tell you if your symptoms are caused by a shortage of Vitamin D.
How to use the Vitamin D Blood Test
Read the package leaflet thoroughly before performing the test and check if the kit is complete. This is how the test is carried out:
- Wash your hands with warm water and dry them well.
- Cleanse your fingertip with the provided alcohol swab prior to using the lancet.
- Prick your fingertip with the lancet according to the instructions in the package leaflet.
- Wipe away the first drop of blood with the gauze. Then collect drops of blood into the collection tube by gentle pressure on the finger.
- Close the tube by replacing the cap and hold it upside down.
- Disinfect your fingertip and cover with a piece of plaster.
- Remove the peel-and-stick barcode label, label the tube and place it in the shipping container.
- Put the container and the fully completed information form in the envelope and send it to the laboratory right away. Collect your sample early in the week so that it can be received and processed by the laboratory before the weekend. Do not sample on a Thursday, Friday or before a public holiday.
- The results of your lab test will be posted to you within 14 days of receipt of the sample. If you want to order your lab test anonymously, then don’t fill in your address details on the information form. You will now only be able to access the results online. The lab results will be available on the Medivere website after approximately one week.
The results of the Vitamin D Blood Test
If the test shows that you are Vitamin D deficient, contact your doctor for further evaluation. Medication may be required. You should also talk to your doctor if the test is negative but your symptoms do not improve.
The Medivere Vitamin D Blood Test has no side effects.
When not to use the test
The Medivere Vitamin D Blood Test is intended for adult use only. Do not use this test, or only with a doctor’s approval, if you suffer from haemophilia or use blood thinners.