Product review Meloxicam
Share your experience with this product here. Did it live up to your expectations?
When you rate and review a product, your review is visible to any visitor to the site.
If you want to leave an anonymous review, then fill in ‘anonymous’ in the field for Name and City.
|Lowest price||£60.34 (incl. VAT)|
|Prescription required||:||Yes (consultation included in the price)|
|Product||Price (incl doctor’s consult)|
|Meloxicam 7.5 mg 30 tabl.||£60.34||Start consultation|
|Meloxicam 15 mg 30 tabl.||£69.36||Start consultation|
What is Meloxicam?
Meloxicam is a type of medicine called a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It contains the active ingredient meloxicam which reduces inflammatory responses such as redness, swelling, pain and fever. Meloxicam is a prescription-only medicine.
What is Meloxicam used for?
Meloxicam is used to relieve inflammation and pain in the joints in various arthritic conditions, including:
- Rheumatoid arthritis (inflammatory reaction, causing the joints of the wrist, knee, hand or ankle to swell and become red, stiff and sore);
- Arthrosis (joint disease caused by chronic wear of cartilage);
- Bechterew’s disease (inflammation of the tendon insertions, especially in the pelvis and spinal column).
Meloxicam reduces inflammatory responses, which in turn helps to alleviate or eliminate stiffness, pain, redness and swelling.
How to use Meloxicam
Meloxicam tablets should be taken with food to avoid stomach distress. They should not be chewed, but swallowed whole with some water. Meloxicam should be taken at roughly the same time each day. If you have forgotten to take a dose, you may take it as soon as you remember unless it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Never take two tablets of Meloxicam at once to make up for the forgotten dose.
Meloxicam is available in various strengths. Strength, length of treatment and daily dose must be determined by a doctor. The general recommended dose in adults and children aged 16 years and above is:
- one 7.5-mg tablet or 15-mg tablet once daily.
Do not exceed the maximum daily dose of 15 mg. Always follow the prescription exactly - never take more or less than the doctor recommends. Meloxicam should not be used in children under 16 years of age. Read the package leaflet before use.
Meloxicam may cause side effects, including:
- Gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, stomach ache or heartburn;
- Dizziness, lightheadedness;
- Tiredness, sleepiness;
- Oedema (swelling of wrists or ankles due to fluid retention);
- High blood pressure;
- Allergic skin reaction due to hypersensitivity;
- Temporary blurred vision.
Consult a doctor if these or other side effects are severe. For more information on possible side effects, see the package leaflet.
When not to use Meloxicam
Meloxicam is not suitable for everyone and should not be used if:
- You are allergic to other NSAIDs, the active ingredient meloxicam or any other ingredient this medicine;
- You have an active peptic ulcer or bleeding from the gut;
- You have a severe liver, kidney or heart disease;
- You have Crohn’s disease or other inflammatory bowel disease;
- You have a bleeding disorder or history of bleeding disorders;
- You have uncontrolled high blood pressure.
Consult a doctor if you have a health condition that is not listed above or are currently on medication. Meloxicam may interact with certain medicines. For more information, see the package leaflet.
Do not use Meloxicam if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
This medicine may cause sleepiness, blurred vision or dizziness. Stay out of traffic if you experience these side effects.
Limit or stop drinking alcohol while taking this medicine as this is likely to trigger or worsen the side effects.