Menopause Test Kit
Product review Menopause Test Kit
Share your experience with this product here. Did it live up to your expectations?
When you rate and review a product, your review is visible to any visitor to the site.
If you want to leave an anonymous review, then fill in ‘anonymous’ in the field for Name and City.
|Easy Home Menopause Test Kit 1 pc.||£9.03||Add to shopping cart|
What is a Menopause test kit?
With the Easy Home Menopause test kit you can find out whether or not you are menopausal. The test checks for elevated FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) levels in your urine. When you enter menopause and your ovaries stop working, your FSH levels increase. You can read the results on the test stick within 10 minutes.
What is this test used for?
Most women reach the first stage of menopause (pre-menopause) around the age of 45. The ovaries gradually stop producing oestrogen, which causes physical and emotional symptoms. Common symptoms of menopause include:
- Irregular periods;
- Hot flashes;
- Night sweats;
- Dryness of eyes, mouth and/or vagina;
- Concentration problems;
- Mood swings;
- Sleeping difficulties;
- Anxiety, nervousness, depression.
A menopause home test allows you to ascertain whether your symptoms are caused by menopause, or if they could possibly have another cause. If the test indicates that you are in a stage of menopause, you should see your doctor. You may want to stop taking contraceptives if you have stopped having periods. The doctor will also be able to advise you on how to deal with the risks of menopause such as increased chance of cardiovascular diseases and osteoporosis.
How to use the Easy Home Menopause test kit
The Easy Home Menopause test kit is very user friendly. Just like pregnancy tests, this Menopause test kit comes with a test stick that should be held in the urine stream according to the instructions on the package leaflet. When using the Easy Home Menopause test kit take note of the following:
- If you use an oral contraceptive, you should perform the test on the last day of the pill-free week to prevent an invalid test result.
- Use you first morning urine.
- Remove the protective cap from the test stick, hold the absorbent tip pointing downwards and place directly into the urine stream for 5 to 10 seconds, until it is thoroughly wet. If you prefer you may urinate into a clean cup and then immerse the absorbent tip into the urine for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Replace the protective cap over the wet absorbent tip and wait 10 minutes before reading the result in the window.
- The test window has two fields: the control line appears in the top field. A visible control line indicates that the test is fully functional. The test result appears in the bottom field (see package leaflet).
Result of the Easy Home Menopause test kit
A positive test, indicated by a line in both sections of the window, means that you are probably in a stage of menopause. Repeat the test with a new test stick after seven days to be sure. If you have a positive test you may want to see your doctor for advice on how to relieve your symptoms.
A vague line or no line in the test window indicates that you have not yet reached menopause. It may, however, still be advisable to contact your doctor to determine what is causing your symptoms.
If no lines appear in either section, or a line appears in the test section but not in the control section, then the test is invalid. Dispose of the used test stick and repeat the test.
The Easy Home Menopause test kit has no side effects.
When not to use the test
The Easy Home Menopause test kit is only intended for use in women.