This product is in stock
Lowest price - £40.39
Microgynon 30 package leaflet
This information brochure contains general information on Microgynon 30. We also advise you to carefully read the Microgynon 30 package leaflet before using this contraceptive. If you have any questions after consulting this information, please contact a doctor or pharmacist.
What is Microgynon 30 and what is it used for?
Microgynon 30 is an oral contraceptive. It contains the active ingredients levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol, hormones that prevent ovulation and change the properties of uterine and cervical mucus. This makes Microgynon 30 highly effective at preventing pregnancy. Microgynon 30 can also be used to alleviate menstrual symptoms such as heavy bleeding and menstrual cramps. This is because it produces a monthly withdrawal bleed that is much lighter than a womans usual period. Microgynon 30 is only available on prescription.
What you need to know before using Microgynon 30
If you are taking this contraceptive pill for the first time, make sure you take account of the following:
- Microgynon 30 should not be used in women who are allergic to levonorgestrel, ethinyl estradiol or any other ingredient in this medicine;
- Microgynon 30 should not be used in women who suffer from or are at risk of developing thrombosis;
- Microgynon 30 should not be used in women who suffer from migraines or have a serious illness (see the package leaflet for more information);
- Microgynon 30 should not be used in women who are pregnant or breastfeeding;
- Microgynon 30 does not protect against STDs. Use condoms along with this contraceptive to protect against STDs;
- Microgynon 30 is only effective as a contraceptive when taken daily at the same time.
How to use Microgynon 30
Microgynon 30 comes in strips of 21 tablets. Take one pill a day at around the same time for three weeks. After three weeks, there is a seven-day break (pill-free week). During this break you will get a withdrawal bleed. After seven pill-free days you start with a new strip.
If you miss a dose, vomit after taking a pill or have severe diarrhoea, the pill may not have been fully absorbed into your bloodstream and be less effective. This increases the chance of unwanted pregnancy. For precise instructions on what to do in these situations, see the package leaflet.
Possible side effects
Microgynon 30 generally has few side effects, but in rare cases it may cause:
- Menstrual spotting or breakthrough bleeding;
- Breast tenderness or soreness;
- Nausea or stomach ache;
- Migraine or headache;
- Fluid retention (swollen ankles).
Most side effects will disappear within a number of weeks once the body adjusts to the hormones. For a complete list of possible side effects, see the package leaflet.
How to store Microgynon 30
Keep medicine out of reach of children. Store Microgynon 30 at room temperature and in the original pack. Do not use after the expiration date (see packaging or label).
Microgynon 30 contains the active ingredients levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol. For a full list of ingredients and information on the manufacturer and marketing authorisation holder, please refer to the package leaflet.
|Product||Price (incl doctor’s consult)|
|Microgynon 30 0.03 mg 3 x 21 Tabl.||£40.39||Start consultation|
|Microgynon 30 ED 0.03 mg 3 x 28 Tabl.||£40.39||Start consultation|
|Microgynon 30 0.03 mg 6 x 21 Tabl.||£52.76||Start consultation|
|Microgynon 30 ED 0.03 mg 6 x 28 Tabl.||£52.76||Start consultation|
|Microgynon 30 0.03 mg 9 x 21 Tabl.||£82.17||Start consultation|
|Microgynon 30 0.03 mg 12 x 21 Tabl.||£92.98||Start consultation|
|Microgynon 30 ED 0.03 mg 9 x 28 Tabl.||£82.17||Start consultation|
|Microgynon 30 ED 0.03 mg 12 x 28 Tabl.||£92.98||Start consultation|