What is Minims chloramphenicol?
Minims chloramphenicol single-use eye drops contain the active ingredient chloramphenicol, which is a type of medicine called an antibiotic. It is used to treat bacterial eye infections. Putting the medicine directly into the eye allows the chloramphenicol to act directly on the bacteria that are causing the infection. Minims chloramphenicol provides relief in just a few days. Minims chloramphenicol eye drops are available in convenient units. Each Minims unit should be discarded after a single use. Minims chloramphenicol eye drops can be ordered online from a Dokteronline.com partner pharmacy.
What is Minims chloramphenicol used for?
This medicine is used for bacterial eye infections such as conjunctivitis, keratitis (inflammation of the cornea) or infection of the eyelids or eye glands. Minims chloramphenicol kills the bacteria that cause the infection. This relieves symptoms such as pain, itching, redness and puss-like discharge.
How to use Minims chloramphenicol
Minims chloramphenicol comes in convenient mini-sized units for single use only. The eye drops should be administered as follows.
- Wash your hands;
- Remove the top of the ampoule;
- Tilt your head backwards;
- Gently pull the lower lid of your eye out to form a pocket;
- Release one drop in the affected eye;
- Close your eye and press gently on the side of your nose where the corner of your eye meets your nose for two minutes. This helps to stop the drop from draining away and keeps it in your eye.
Wash your hands immediately after use. Throw away the ampoule and any remaining liquid. For more information on how to use this medicine, see the package leaflet.
Minims chloramphenicol is available online from our partner pharmacies in packs of 20 single-use ampoules. Unless otherwise prescribed by a doctor, the usual dose in adults and children is:
- one to two drops in the infected eye every two to three hours.
It is important to keep using the eye drops until the symptoms have disappeared for 48 hours or more. Do not use this medicine for more than ten days. Consult a doctor if after three days of treatment with this medicine there is little or no improvement in your symptoms. Read the package leaflet before use.
Minims chloramphenicol may cause side effects such as:
- Irritation (redness, itching, stinging sensation) in the eye being treated;
- Bitter taste in the mouth.
Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe or if you experience side effects that are not listed on the leaflet.
When not to use Minims chloramphenicol
Minims chloramphenicol is not suitable for everyone. Do not use these eye drops if:
- You are allergic to chloramphenicol or any other ingredient in this medicine;
- You have an impaired liver function or a personal or family history of abnormalities in the numbers of blood cells in the blood.
Consult a doctor on the use of Minims chloramphenicol if you have a health condition that is not listed above or are currently taking medication. The doctor will be able to advise you whether you can use the eye drops safely.
Minims chloramphenicol should not be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women without consulting a doctor first.
This medicine does not affect your reaction time.
This medicine does not interact with alcohol.