What is Naratriptan?
Naratriptan is a medication against migraine. The active ingredient naratriptan ensures, among other things that the blood vessels in the brains constrict. This stops a migraine attack. To order Naratriptan online, please contact the pharmacies working together with Dokteronline.com. The required prescription is provided through an online consultation.
What is this medication used for?
Migraine is a condition where causin a severe headache that usually occurs on one side of the head. Other symptoms of migraine can be:
- Hypersensitivity to noise and / or light;
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Seeing stars, spots or other faults in the visual field (aura). These symptoms usually occur just before the headache begins.
An untreated migraine attack can have a duration of several hours to several days. Naratriptan can stop a migraine attack, making you feel better quickly. The symptoms usually disappear within an hour.
How to use Naratriptan?
Naratriptan is most effective if you take it as soon as you feel a migraine attack starting.
Swallow the tablet whole with a sufficient amount of liquid. You cannot use Naratriptan in a preventive manner. The drug is only effective in case of an (impending) existing migraine attack.
Naratriptan works fast. Within an hour you will notice improvement. If your headache comes back within 24 hours, please take a second tablet. If Naratriptan does not seem effective, stop taking the drug and consult a doctor.
The pharmacies working together with offer Naratriptan online in tablets of 2.5 mg. The general guidelines for the dosage are as follows:
- Adults between 18 and 65 years: 1 tablet of 2.5 mg each time. Do not take more than 2 tablets per day.
The use of Naratriptan is not recommended for children younger than 18 and persons older than 65 years. Read the instructions before use.
Naratriptan can sometimes cause undesired effects, such as:
- Tingling, tightness or numbness in the limbs or other parts of the body;
- Muscle pain;
- Squeezing sensation in chest or throat.
Consult a physician if chest pain persists or if you suffer from other severe or prolonged side effects. More information on this topic can be found in the leaflet.
When is it best not to take this medicine?
Naratriptan is not a suitable drug for everyone. Do not use this medication if you:
- Are allergic to naratriptan, to any of the excipients in the tablet or sulphonamides (a type of antibiotics);
- suffer or have suffered from cardiovascular disease;
- have a severe liver or kidney disease;
- suffer from high blood pressure;
- use certain other migraine medications.
Do you suffer from other health problems, are you older than 40 and do you smoke or use drugs? Consult with a doctor whether you should take Naratriptan.
Pregnancy / driving / alcohol
Only use Naratriptan upon the advice of a doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
This drug may affect your reactivity. Do not participate in traffic if you suffer from undesired effects such as drowsiness or dizziness.
Alcohol can increase the side effects of Naratriptan, but may also trigger a new migraine attack. Do not drink any alcohol if you are taking Naratriptan.