What is the Philips InfraCare Infrared Lamp?
The Philips InfraCare Infrared Lamp 650 Watt gives pleasant infrared warmth that can be directed onto certain parts of the body. The infrared warmth penetrates deep into the skin, providing effective pain relief for muscles and joints. The InfraCare lamp is suitable for many therapeutic applications and is very easy to use. The lamp is adjustable in height and has been optimised for treatment of large parts of the body, for example the shoulders or entire back. It has a strong 650 Watt halogen lamp, as well as a built-in timer and three power settings.
What is it used for?
Infrared light helps with various pain conditions. The warmth helps reduce joint stiffness and muscle soreness. In addition, the infrared light strengthens the cardiovascular system and stimulates blood circulation. As a result, waste materials are removed more efficiently. The infrared lamp can be used for many conditions, including:
- Rheumatism, arthrosis, gout and other related diseases;
- Muscle ache;
- Stiff neck or shoulder pain due to poor posture;
- Lower back pain due to menstrual cramps;
- Hands or feet with chilblains;
- Common cold or flu symptoms.
The Philips InfraCare Infrared Healing Lamp is also ideal for warming up muscles prior to exercise or a massage.
How to use the Philips InfraCare Infrared Lamp
The lamp stand is adjustable in height. Due to its maximum flexibility, the lamp can be used for different situations (e.g. sitting on a chair or lying on a bed). Consult the manual for instructions on the use of the infrared lamp. You should also pay attention to the following safety advice:
- To prevent overheating or burning of the skin, avoid very short treatment distances.
- To prevent eye damage, do not look into the light of the lamp when it is on.
- Halogen bulbs are extremely hot compared to a normal light bulb. Do not touch the halogen lamp, even when it has been switched off, until it has cooled off completely.
- Make sure your skin is dry before switching on the lamp. Wet skin burns more easily.
Frequency of use
To achieve the optimum result from your treatment, the infrared lamp should be used a few days in a row. The recommended duration is 15 minutes, twice to three times a day.
When not to use the Philips InfraCare Infrared Lamp
This appliance should not be used by anyone with:
- an infection or swelling (heat worsens the symptoms);
- a serious illness, such as diabetes, heart failure, cancer or MS.
When in doubt about whether to use the infrared lamp, consult the doctor.
The Philips InfraCare Infrared Lamp should only be used with the doctor’s approval if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Infrared treatment does not interact with alcohol or impair your ability to drive safely.