Product review Pizotifen
Share your experience with this product here. Did it live up to your expectations?
When you rate and review a product, your review is visible to any visitor to the site.
If you want to leave an anonymous review, then fill in ‘anonymous’ in the field for Name and City.
|Lowest price||£43.37 (incl. VAT)|
|Prescription required||:||Yes (consultation included in the price)|
|Product||Price (incl doctor’s consult)|
|Pizotifen 1.5 mg 28 tabl.||£47.29||Start consultation|
|Pizotifen 500 mcg 28 tabl.||£43.37||Start consultation|
What is Pizotifen?
Pizotifen can prevent migraine attacks and cluster headaches. The active substance pizotifen has an influence on the blood vessels in the brain. The drug causes the blood vessels to dilate less rapidly, which prevents headaches.
You can order Pizotifen online through the pharmacies working together with Dokteronline.com.
What is the medication used for?
Doctors prescribe Pizotifen for the prevention of migraine and cluster headaches. You can recognize these disorders by the following symptoms:
- Intense, throbbing headache often on one side of the head;
- Nausea and vomiting;
- hypersensitivity to light and sound;
- (sometimes prior to the migraine attack) Seeing an aura , such as asterisks, wavy images or other disturbances in your vision.
- Sudden, penetrating pain on one side of the head, often also behind or around the eye;
- tearing, red eye ;
- Swollen nasal mucosa, runny nose ;
- The attacks often occur at night and can last from fifteen minutes to three hours.
How to use Pizotifen?
This drug is only intended to prevent an attack of migraine or cluster headache. It does not work against the symptoms if the attack has already begun. Take the entire daily dose preferably in the evening before bedtime. At a high dosage, the intake of the drug can be spread over the day. Swallow the tablets whole with water or other fluids. Pizotifen must be taken daily. A doctor will determine how long you should keep taking this medicine.
The pharmacies working together with Dokteronline.com offer Pizotifen online in tablets of 0.5 mg and 1.5 mg. The general guidelines for the dosage are as follows:
- Adults: 1.5 mg per day (one tablet of 1.5 mg once daily or 1 tablet of 0.5 mg three times daily).
- Children over 7 years: 0.5 to 1.5 mg per day. Daily doses up to 1 mg may be taken in one time in the evenings.
Do not deviate from the prescribed dosage and read the instructions before use.
Pizotifen can cause side effects, including:
- Increased appetite , weight gain;
- Dry mouth;
If you suffer from a lot of side effects, please contact a doctor. In the leaflet you can read more about the side effects.
When not to use this medication?
Pizotifen is not a suitable medicine for everyone. Do not use this medication if you:
- are hypersensitive to Pizotifen or are allergic to any of the excipients used.
If you suffer from glaucoma, epilepsy, kidney problems or have any other health problems, please talk to a doctor about using Pizotifen. If you are taking other medication, please mention it in your order. Some medicines interact with Pizotifen.
Pregnancy / driving / alcohol
Use Pizotifen only in consultation with a doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
This medicine may affect your reactions. Do not participate in traffic if you feel dizzy or drowsy.
The use of alcohol is not recommended in combination with Pizotifen. Alcohol may trigger or increase the side effects of this medication.