Product review Progynova
Share your experience with this product here. Did it live up to your expectations?
When you rate and review a product, your review is visible to any visitor to the site.
If you want to leave an anonymous review, then fill in ‘anonymous’ in the field for Name and City.
|Lowest price||£92.45 (incl. VAT)|
|Prescription required||:||Yes (consultation included in the price)|
|Product||Price (incl doctor’s consult)|
|Progynova 1 mg 84 tabl.||£92.45||Start consultation|
|Progynova 2 mg 84 tabl.||£100.66||Start consultation|
What is Progynova?
Progynova tablets contain the active ingredient estradiol, which is a naturally occurring form of the main female sex hormone oestrogen. The tablets are used to relieve symptoms in women going through menopause. Estradiol replaces the body’s natural oestrogen, thereby controlling menopausal symptoms. This type of treatment is known as hormone replacement therapy (HRT) or hormone therapy (HT). Progynova is a prescription-only medicine.
What is Progynova used for?
Progynova tablets are used to control menopausal symptoms, such as:
- Hot flushes;
- Night sweats;
- Sleeping difficulties;
- Dryness of the vagina, mouth or eyes;
- Mood swings, anxiety or depression;
- Loss of libido (sex drive);
Menopausal symptoms are caused by a decrease in the production of oestrogen in the body. Progynova tablets can be used as a supplement to replace the falling levels of oestrogen. This helps restore hormonal balance, which in turn reduces menopausal symptoms.
How to use Progynova
Progynova tablets are an oestrogen-only form of HRT. Women who have not had a hysterectomy should be prescribed a progestogen hormone to take with this medicine to protect the lining of the womb from side effects. Progynova comes in convenient blister packs marked with the days of the week. Each pack contains 28 tablets. The tablets should be taken at the same time each day. They can be taken with or without food. A doctor should determine if you should take the tablets on a continuous basis or cyclically (for three weeks followed by a tablet-free week). For more information, see the package leaflet.
Progynova is available in tablets of 1 mg and 2 mg. A doctor should determine what strength you should use. Unless otherwise advised by a doctor, the usual dose in adult women is:
- one tablet once daily for as long as the doctor prescribes.
Do not exceed the recommended dose and read the package leaflet carefully before use.
HRT may cause side effects. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with Progynova:
- Breast tenderness or soreness;
- Gastrointestinal symptoms;
- Breakthrough bleeding or an increase in vaginal discharge;
- Mood swings.
Most side effects will disappear with continued use. Consult a doctor if these or other side effects are persistent. It is important to be aware that in rare cases HRT can cause serious side effects such as cancer and thrombosis. See the package leaflet for more information.
When not to use Progynova
Progynova is not suitable for everyone and should not be used if:
- You are allergic to estradiol or any other ingredient in this medicine;
- You have a known or past history of thrombosis, liver disease, breast cancer or other oestrogen-related cancer;
- You have a severe kidney condition, blood disease, vaginal bleeding of unknown cause or an overgrowth of the lining of the womb (endometrial hyperplasia).
Consult a doctor on the use of Progynova if you have health problems that are not listed above. It is also important to tell the doctor what other medicines you are taking when you order to make sure the combination with Progynova is safe.
Progynova tablets are intended for women experiencing a natural menopause. The following advice applies to women who may still be fertile:
- Do not use this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Warning: Progynova is not a contraceptive pill! If you are still capable of becoming pregnant, you should use a contraceptive of some kind as a precaution.
This medicine does not interact with alcohol or affect your ability to drive safely.