What is Relvar Ellipta?
Relvar Ellipta is an inhaled medicine. This medicine consists of two active substances:
- Fluticasone, an anti-inflammatory agent based on a corticosteroid, and
- Vilanterol, an agent that relaxes the muscles in the airways and widens them .
The ingredients in Relvar Ellipta prevent respiratory attacks and other respiratory symptoms caused by lung diseases such as asthma and COPD. You can order Relvar Ellipta online at the pharmacies working together Dokteronline.com
What is this medicine used for?
Doctors prescribe Relvar Ellipta among others in cases of asthma and COPD. These conditions are often accompanied by inflamed airways, chest tightness, shortness of breath, coughing and wheezing. The active ingredient fluticasone reduces swelling and irritation in the airways. Vila Terol makes breathing easier. Relvar Ellipta is not intended to eliminate acute respiratory distress attacks, but is used daily to prevent respiratory complaints.
How do you use Relvar Ellipta?
Relvar Ellipta comes in an Ellipta inhaler. The inhaler is provided with a protective cap and a dose counter. Once you remove the protective cover, a dose of powder is released. You should inhale it as soon as possible. This is done as follows:
- Place your lips on the mouthpiece;
- Inhale once long and deep;
- Hold your breath for three to four seconds;
- Remove the inhaler from your mouth and breathe out slowly.
- Replace the cap back on the mouthpiece;
- Rinse your mouth to remove any leftover powder. This prevents certain side effets.
Use Relvar Ellipta every day around the same time. After the first use of the inhaler, you can use the medicine for 6 weeks.
The pharmacies working with Dokteronline.com offer Relvar Ellipta online in different strengths. A doctor determines which strength suits your symptoms best. Unless a physician decides otherwise, the recommended dose of Elvar Ellipta is as follows:
- Adults: 1 inhalation once a day in the prescribed strength.
This drug is not suitable for (young) children. Read the instructions before use.
Relvar Ellipta can sometimes cause side effects, although not everybody gets affected. The side effects that may occur, include:
- Sores in the mouth;
- Pain or irritation in the mouth or throat;
- Nasal symptoms (itching in the nose, stuffy or runny nose);
- Irregular heartbeat.
Contact a doctor if you suffer from these or any other symptoms. A complete list of possible side effects can be found in the leaflet.
When should you not take this medicine?
Relvar Ellipta is not a suitable medicine for everyone. Do not use this inhaled medication if you :
- are hypersensitive to fluticasone, vilanterol or any of the substances used.
If you suffer from heart disease, high blood pressure, liver problems, diabetes, thyroid diseases or other health problems, talk to a doctor about using this medication. Relvar Ellipta interacts with certain other medicines. Inform a physician about any other medication you are using. You can read more about the contraindications, interactions and other warnings in the leaflet.
Pregnancy / driving / alcohol
Do not use relvar Elliptam or only on the advice of your doctorm if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Relvar Ellipta does not affect your ability to react.
There are no known warnings about this medication with regards to the use of alcohol.