Product review Remedeine
Share your experience with this product here. Did it live up to your expectations?
When you rate and review a product, your review is visible to any visitor to the site.
If you want to leave an anonymous review, then fill in ‘anonymous’ in the field for Name and City.
|Lowest price||£59.25 (incl. VAT)|
|Prescription required||:||Yes (consultation included in the price)|
|Product||Price (incl doctor’s consult)|
|Remedeine 500/20 56 tabl.||£59.25||Start consultation|
|Remedeine Forte 500/30 56 tabl.||£60.94||Start consultation|
|Remedeine 500/20 112 tabl.||£74.86||Start consultation|
What is Remedeine?
Remedeine is a potent compound analgesic. It contains two active ingredients:
- Paracetamol, a well-known painkiller that also reduces fever, and
- Dihydrocodeine, a strong opioid painkiller that also helps to suppress coughing.
These two ingredients combined ensure short-term relief from pain. Remedeine provides about four to six hours of relief.
What is Remedeine used for?
This medicine is used to treat moderate to severe pain when paracetamol alone does not provide adequate pain relief. Remedeine can be used for:
- Rheumatic pain (gout, arthrosis, arthritis);
- Pain from surgery or dental procedures;
- Severe menstrual pain;
- Migraine, tension and cluster headache;
- Nerve pain (e.g. facial pain;
- Pain from the flu or another illness;
- Persistent tickly coughs caused by the flu or cold.
How to use Remedeine
Remedeine tablets should preferably be taken during or after meals. Swallow the tablets whole with some water, without chewing them. If this medicine is taken regularly for long periods of time, the body can become tolerant to it and it may become less effective at relieving pain. With prolonged use, the body may also become dependent on the dihydrocodeine. Remedeine should therefore be used at the lowest possible dose and for the shortest possible time.
Remedeine contains 500 mg of paracetamol and 20 or 30 mg of dihydrocodeine per tablet. Strength and dosage should be determined by a doctor.
Unless otherwise prescribed, the usual dose for adults and children aged 12 and above is:
- one to two tables, if necessary every four to six hours. Do not take more than eight tablets a day.
Remedeine is not suitable for children under the age of 12. Always follow the prescribed dosage and read the package leaflet closely before use.
Like all medicines, Remedeine may cause side effects. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine:
- Sleepiness, drowsiness, dizziness;
- Impaired reaction times;
- Constipation (blockage in the bowel);
- Back pain, nausea, vomiting.
See the package leaflet for more information on possible side effects.
When not to use Remedeine
Remedeine is not suitable for everyone and should not be used if:
- you are hypersensitive to paracetamol, dihydrocodeine or any other ingredient in this medicine;
- you are having an asthma attack or suffer from Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD);
- you have an organ dysfunction or raised pressure inside the skull.
Remedeine interacts with other medicines. The doctor will have a list of medicines that you should avoid mixing it with. See the package leaflet for more information.
Do not use this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding without consulting a doctor first.
Remedeine may cause dizziness or drowsiness and can therefore interfere with your ability to react. Stay out of traffic if you do experience these side effects.
You should not drink alcohol while taking this medicine as it is likely to trigger or worsen the side effects.