Product review Salbulin
Share your experience with this product here. Did it live up to your expectations?
When you rate and review a product, your review is visible to any visitor to the site.
If you want to leave an anonymous review, then fill in ‘anonymous’ in the field for Name and City.
|Lowest price||£39.22 (incl. VAT)|
|Prescription required||:||Yes (consultation included in the price)|
|Product||Price (incl doctor’s consult)|
|Salbulin Novolizer 100 mcg/dose inhaler 200 doses||£40.90||Start consultation|
|Salbulin Novolizer 100 mcg/dose refill pack 200 doses||£39.22||Start consultation|
What is Salbulin?
Salbulin contains the active ingredient salbutamol, which is a type of medicine known as a bronchodilator. Salbulin works by relaxing the muscles in the airways, which makes it easier to breathe.
If you would like to order Salbulin online, Dokteronline.com’s partner pharmacies will be happy to assist you.
What is this medicine used for?
Salbulin is used to open the airways and treat or prevent breathing problems such as chest tightness, wheezing and shortness of breath. This medicine is used to treat patients with asthma, a condition in which the airways narrow in response to triggers such as smoke, exercise or animal fur. Salbulin is also used in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
How to use Salbulin
Salbulin is a dry powder for inhalation. It is used in a Novolizer device. Follow these instructions for using the inhaler:
- Remove the protective cap;
- Insert the cartridge into the Novolizer device according to the instructions in the package leaflet. The cartridge can be left in the Novolizer until it is empty;
- Breathe out completely without holding the inhaler to your mouth;
- Place your lips tightly around the mouthpiece and press the large coloured button;
- Inhale the powder with a strong deep breath. During this breath a loud click should be heard, indicating that the inhalation was sufficiently strong;
- Hold your breath for a few seconds and then continue breathing slowly through the nose.
If you need to take more than one inhalation, the last three steps should be repeated. The protective cap should be placed back after use. The number of inhalations left is indicated by the dosage counter. For more information on the use of Salbulin, see the package leaflet.
Salbulin can be ordered online from our partner pharmacies as a starter pack (Novolizer inhalator with inhalation powder) or refill pack (inhalation powder). The typical dose is:
To treat the symptoms of asthma or COPD:
- Adults and children aged 12 and above: one to two inhalations, if necessary at four-hour intervals. The maximum use in any 24 hours should not exceed eight inhalations.
- Children aged 6 to 12 years: one to two inhalations, if necessary at four-hour intervals. The maximum use in any 24 hours should not exceed four inhalations.
To prevent the symptoms of asthma or COPD:
- Adults and children aged 12 and above: two inhalations 10 to 15 minutes prior to exercise or exposure to allergens.
- Children aged 6 to 12 years: one inhalation 10 to 15 minutes prior to exercise or exposure to allergens.
Salbulin is not suitable for children under the age of six. Read the package leaflet before use.
Salbulin may cause side effects such as:
- Shaking of the hands (tremor);
- Hyperactivity (in children).
Consult a doctor if you experience these or other side effects. For more information, see the package leaflet.
When not to use Salbulin
Salbulin is not suitable for everyone and should not be used if:
- You are allergic to salbutamol or any other ingredient in this medicine.
Consult a doctor on the use of Salbulin if you have health issues or are currently taking medication.
Salbulin should not be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women without consulting a doctor first.
This medicine may cause dizziness and thus affect your reaction time. Do not drive or operate machinery until you know how this medicine affects you and you are sure you can do so safely.
This medicine does not interact with alcohol.