Sleep and Insomnia
Many people in the UK suffer from some sort of sleep disorder with problems ranging from difficulty falling asleep, restlessness, abruptly waking up at night and unable to go back to sleep to waking up early in the morning feeling tired. All these symptoms are typical for sleep disorders.
Sleep problems can be caused by various factors. Stress and a hectic lifestyle are common causes of insomnia. Worrying makes you feel restless and prevents you from relaxing. Relaxation is necessary in order to fall asleep. Smoking and drinking coffee or alcohol are other factors that can interfere with sleep. This is because caffeine and nicotine make you more active. Alcohol causes disturbances in your sleep that can leave you feeling tired in the morning. Other factors that can cause sleep problems include life stresses (e.g. job loss or death of a loved one) and ageing.
Sleep disorders are treated based on the symptoms and their cause. Some sleep disorders are treated with behavioural techniques such as relaxation exercises or breathing exercises, others require various types of medication. Soporifics and tranquillisers help you to sleep better and wake up feeling well rested. This will improve your energy level, mood and concentration during the day. Melatonin is also used for treating sleep disorders. Melatonin supplements help the body to go into a resting state, allowing you to sleep more soundly. These are only a few of the products available within Dokteronline.com’s extensive range for dealing with sleep problems. We invite you to browse the range of products available online. All products can be ordered safely and simply from our partner pharmacies.
Tips for a better night’s sleep:
- Make sure your bedroom is dark and well ventilated.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol or coffee before bedtime.
- Make sure your bedroom is equipped with a comfortable mattress that is not too old.
- Do not keep your phone near your body at night such as under the pillow or on a bedside table. Electromagnetic emissions can have a negative effect on your ability to sleep.
- Empty your head before you go to sleep. Exercising or walking can help you to relax and keep your mind from racing.
Pharmacy product(s) in this category
Drugstore product(s) in this category