What is Spiriva Respimat?
Spiriva Respimat is a liquid medicine for inhalation. It contains the active ingredient tiotropium, which is a type of medicine known as a bronchodilator. Spiriva works by opening the airways to make it easier to breathe. Spiriva Respimat is available online through a Dokteronline.com partner pharmacy.
What is Spiriva Respimat used for?
Spiriva Respimat is used to treat respiratory problems in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) such as difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, wheezing and coughing. Spiriva is used to prevent these symptoms rather than to relieve acute attacks. It should be used regularly each day to keep the airways open and help prevent breathing difficulties. Spiriva Respimat is also used to treat asthma, often in combination with another type of medicine.
How to use Spiriva Respimat
Spiriva should be used daily at set times and comes with a cartridge that you insert into the Respimat inhaler. It contains the medicine in liquid form. Follow these instructions to use your inhaler:
- Insert the cartridge with liquid medicine into the inhaler. Prepare the inhaler for first-time use according to the instructions in the package leaflet;
- Turn the clear base in the direction of the black arrows on the label until it clicks;
- Flip the cap until it snaps fully open;
- Breathe out slowly and fully, and then close your lips around the end of the mouthpiece without covering the air vents;
- While taking in a slow, deep breath through your mouth, press the dose-release button and continue to breathe in slowly for as long as you can;
- Hold your breath for 10 seconds. Then breathe out slowly through your nose;
- Repeat these steps so that you get the full dose;
- Close the cap until you use your inhaler again.
The dose indicator shows approximately how many puffs of medication are left. Throw away the Respimat inhaler three months after insertion of the cartridge into the inhaler, even if all the medicine has not been used. See the package leaflet for more information on how to use and clean your inhaler.
Spiriva Respimat is available online from a Dokteronline.com partner pharmacy. Unless otherwise prescribed by a doctor, the usual dose in adults is:
- two inhalations once daily.
This medicine is not suitable for use in children under 18 years of age. Read the package leaflet before use.
Spiriva Respimat is generally well tolerated although in rare cases people may experience the following side effects:
- Dry mouth;
- Hoarseness or other throat problems;
- Urinary problems;
Consult a doctor if you experience these or other side effects. If the side effects are severe (see the package leaflet), contact a doctor immediately.
When not to use Spiriva Respimat
Spiriva Respimat is not suitable for everyone and should not be used if:
- You are allergic to tiotropium, atropine (or derivatives) or any of the other ingredient in this medicine.
Consult a doctor on the use of this medicine if you have or have had kidney or heart problems, suffer from an eye disease called glaucoma or have other health issues. It is also important that you tell the doctor what other medicines you are currently taking. This is to avoid potential interaction and to make sure that the combination with Spiriva Respimat is safe. For more information, see the package leaflet.
Do not use Spiriva Respimat if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, unless otherwise advised by your doctor.
Spiriva Respimat may cause temporary eye problems or dizziness. If affected do not drive or operate machinery.
Spiriva Respimat does not interact with alcohol.