Product review Spiriva
Share your experience with this product here. Did it live up to your expectations?
When you rate and review a product, your review is visible to any visitor to the site.
If you want to leave an anonymous review, then fill in ‘anonymous’ in the field for Name and City.
|Lowest price||£109.61 (incl. VAT)|
|Prescription required||:||Yes (consultation included in the price)|
|Product||Price (incl doctor’s consult)|
|Spiriva 18 mcg inhalation powder 30 caps. incl. HandiHaler||£113.17||Start consultation|
|Spiriva 18 mcg inhalation powder 30 caps.||£109.61||Start consultation|
|Spiriva 18 mcg inhalation powder 60 caps.||£195.02||Start consultation|
What is Spiriva?
Spiriva is a dry powder for inhalation for maintenance treatment of bronchospasm. Spiriva contains the active ingredient tiotropium, which is a type of medicine known as a bronchodilator. It works by opening the airways to make it easier to breathe. Spiriva is available online through a Dokteronline.com partner pharmacy.
What is Spiriva used for?
Spiriva is used to treat respiratory problems in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) such as difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, wheezing and coughing. Spiriva is used to prevent these symptoms rather than to relieve acute attacks. It should be used regularly each day to keep the airways open and help prevent breathing difficulties.
How to use Spiriva
Spiriva comes with capsules that contain the medicine in powder form and a dry powder inhaler, the HandiHaler. Spiriva should be used daily at set times. Follow these instructions to use your inhaler:
- Flick open the HandiHaler device;
- Separate only one of the blisters from the blister card. Then open the blister;
- Insert the capsule and close the mouthpiece firmly against the grey base until you hear a click;
- Press the green piercing button once until it is flat (flush) against the base, then release;
- Before placing the mouthpiece in your mouth, breathe out fully. (Do not blow into the mouthpiece);
- Place the mouthpiece in your mouth and close your lips firmly around the mouthpiece. Breathe in steadily and as deeply as you can;
- Hold your breath for a couple of seconds while taking the inhaler out of your mouth. Then breathe out slowly;
- Remember, to take your full daily dose, you must inhale twice from the same capsule;
- Remove the empty capsule and store away your HandiHaler.
For detailed instructions on how to use and clean your HandiHaler device, see the package leaflet.
Spiriva is available online from our partner pharmacies in packs with or without a HandiHaler device. Unless otherwise prescribed by the doctor, the usual dose in adults is:
- one capsule to be inhaled once daily.
The doctor will tell you how long you need to use this medicine. Spiriva is not suitable for children under 18 years of age. Read the package leaflet before use.
Spiriva is generally well tolerated but can have side effects. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine:
- Dry mouth;
- Blurred vision;
- Irregular heartbeat (atrial fibrillation);
- Inflammation of the throat (pharyngitis).
Consult a doctor if you experience side effects. If the side effects are severe (see the package leaflet), contact a doctor immediately.
When not to use Spiriva
Spiriva is not suitable for everyone and should not be used if:
- You are allergic to tiotropium, atropine (or derivatives) or any of the other ingredients in this medicine.
Consult a doctor on the use of this medicine if you have glaucoma, kidney problems, difficulty passing urine or other health issues. Spiriva may interact with other medicines. You should therefore tell your doctor what medicines you are already using. For more information, see the package leaflet.
Do not use Spiriva if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, unless otherwise advised by your doctor.
This medicine may cause side effects that interfere with your ability to react. Stay out of traffic if you are dizzy or have blurred vision.
Spiriva does not interact with alcohol.