Product review Terbinafine (Lamisil)
Share your experience with this product here. Did it live up to your expectations?
When you rate and review a product, your review is visible to any visitor to the site.
If you want to leave an anonymous review, then fill in ‘anonymous’ in the field for Name and City.
|Lowest price||£41.12 (incl. VAT)|
|Prescription required||:||Yes (consultation included in the price)|
|Product||Price (incl doctor’s consult)|
|Terbinafine 250mg 14 tabl.||£41.12||Start consultation|
|Terbinafine 250mg 84 tabl.||£46.23||Start consultation|
What is Terbinafine (Lamisil)?
Terbinafine is an antifungal medicine used to treat infections caused by fungi. Terbinafine kills a wide range of fungi and yeasts that cause infections of the skin. Terbinafine tablets are only available on prescription.
What is this medicine used for?
Terbinafine (Lamisil) tablets are used to treat fungal infections of the skin that require treatment by mouth due to the severity, site, or extent of the infection, and therefore are difficult to treat topically with creams or ointments. The active ingredient reaches the cells of the skin and nails via the blood, treating the infection from the inside out. Terbinafine (Lamisil) is used for fungal infections of the skin such as:
- Athlete’s foot (tinea pedis): red itchy rash with scaling, small pustules and/or blisters, usually in the spaces between the toes.
- Ringworm (tinea corporis): ring-shaped red patches on the skin that become larger in size.
- Fungal infection of the nail: condition characterised by the nail’s layers becoming brittle and discoloured, ranging from yellow to brown.
How to use Terbinafine (Lamisil)
Terbinafine (Lamisil) tablets should be swallowed with plenty of water. They can be taken either with or without food. The length of treatment depends on the infection being treated, but you will usually need to take the medicine for an extended period of time: from four weeks for skin infections to several months for nail infections. Always complete the entire course. Stopping early could cause the fungal infection to return.
The doctor will recommend the dose for you depending on your symptoms. The general recommended dose is:
- Adults and children weighing 40 kg or more: one 250-mg tablet once a day.
The appropriate dose for children weighing less than 40 kilos must be determined by a doctor. The number of tablets to take, how often and for how long will depend on the condition being treated. It is important to follow the instructions given by your doctor. Do not exceed the prescribed dose and read the package leaflet before use.
Terbinafine (Lamisil) may cause side effects, including:
- Muscle and/or joint pain;
- Skin rash, possibly with itching. Seek medical advice if itching gets worse;
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, bloating, diarrhoea;
- Elevation of liver enzymes in the blood.
Consult a doctor if these or other side effects are severe. For more information on side effects, see the package leaflet.
When not to use Terbinafine (Lamisil)
Terbinafine (Lamisil) tablets are not suitable for everyone and should not be used if:
- You are allergic to terbinafine or any other ingredients in this medicine;
- You have a serious liver or kidney disorder.
Consult a doctor on the use of Terbinafine if you have psoriasis, a decreased liver or kidney function or other health problems. Terbinafine interacts with other medicines. It is therefore important to tell the doctor what other medicines you are taking when you order.
Terbinafine (Lamisil) should not be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women without consulting a doctor first.
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive.
There are no dietary restrictions with this medicine.