What is Zineryt?
Zineryt is an antibiotic that helps to reduce acne. Its active ingredients are erythromycin and zinc acetate. The drug inhibits the growth of bacteria that cause acne (Propionibacterium acnes). Zineryt is prescribed for moderate to severe acne (pimples) and to prevent blackheads. It brings the inflammation under control and heals the skin. After 10 to 12 weeks you will notice an improvement of your skin.
Zineryt combats the bacteria that causes acne. Acne is caused by an excessive production of sebum. This clogs the sebaceous glands, and this is a great environment for the bacterium Propionibacterium acnes. This bacterium produces certain substances causing inflammations resulting in pimples and blackheads.
The substance erythromycin in Zineryt prevents the production of certain proteins that are necessary for the growth of the bacteria. Without these proteins, they can not grow or multiply. This decreases the number. Erythromycin does not kill the bacteria but inhibits the growth. Any residual bacteria are killed by the immune system.
Zinc acetate, the other active ingredient of Zineryt, has a healing effect on the skin. The combination of erythromycin and zinc acetate is effectively absorbed into the skin, so that the acne can be well treated.
Use Zineryt as prescribed by your doctor. Usually you will have to apply a tiny layer on the affected skin twice a day. Apply the product on clean skin, preferably in the morning and evening. If you get too many side effects, use it only once a day. Consult with your doctor. After 10 to 12 weeks you will already see results and you will notice that the acne has been reduced.
Side effects Zineryt
Zineryt has possible side effects. You may experience redness of the skin, itching, dryness or flaking. These side effects often disappear after a few days. The skin has to get used to the medication. If the side effects persist or if you suffer too much from them, you may choose to apply the product less frequently.
A complete list of side effects can be found in the leaflet.
Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes of the nose and mouth. A burning and stinging sensation may occur. Rinse immediately with cold or lukewarm water if it does accidentally happen.