Product review Zumenon
Share your experience with this product here. Did it live up to your expectations?
When you rate and review a product, your review is visible to any visitor to the site.
If you want to leave an anonymous review, then fill in ‘anonymous’ in the field for Name and City.
|Lowest price||£61.68 (incl. VAT)|
|Prescription required||:||Yes (consultation included in the price)|
|Product||Price (incl doctor’s consult)|
|Zumenon 1 mg 84 tabl.||£61.68||Start consultation|
|Zumenon 2 mg 84 tabl.||£64.02||Start consultation|
What is Zumenon?
Zumenon tablets are used to treat menopausal symptoms in women going through menopause. The tablets contain the active ingredient estradiol, which is a naturally occurring form of the main female sex hormone oestrogen. Zumenon is given as a supplement to replace the falling oestrogen levels in the body to reduce menopausal symptoms. This is known as hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Zumenon is a prescription-only medicine.
What is Zumenon used for?
This HRT preparation is used to relieve menopausal symptoms such as:
- Hot flashes;
- Night sweats;
- Vaginal discomfort (irritation, itching, pain during sex);
- Anxiety, mood swings;
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep;
- Dry eyes and/or mouth;
- Loss of libido (sex drive);
Zumenon stabilises hormone levels. By doing so, it helps reduce or eliminate uncomfortable symptoms caused by menopause.
How to use Zumenon
Zumenon is an oestrogen-only form of HRT. As it only contains oestrogen, it is most suitable for women who have had a hysterectomy. Women with an intact womb should be prescribed a progestogen medicine to take with this medicine to protect the lining of the womb from side effects. Zumenon is available in blister packs containing 28 tablets. The tablets should be taken at the same time each day. The blister strip is marked with the days of the week to help you remember if you have taken your tablet. Zumenon can be taken on a continuous basis or cyclically (for three weeks out of every four). The doctor will recommend the right dosing schedule for you depending on your situation. For more information, see the package leaflet.
Unless otherwise advised by a doctor, the usual dose in adult women is:
- one tablet once daily for as long as the doctor prescribes.
Do not exceed the recommended dose and read the package leaflet carefully before use.
Treatment with Zumenon may cause side effects, including:
- Breast tenderness or soreness;
- Gastrointestinal symptoms;
- Breakthrough bleeding or an increase in vaginal discharge;
- Mood swings.
Most side effects will disappear with continued use. Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe or persistent. For a complete list of possible side effects, see the package leaflet. The package leaflet will also tell you that all women using HRT have a slightly increased risk of serious side effects such as cancer and thrombosis compared with women who don’t use HRT.
When not to use Zumenon
Zumenon is not suitable for everyone and should not be used if:
- You are allergic to estradiol or any other ingredient in this medicine;
- You have a known or past history of thrombosis, liver disease, breast cancer or other oestrogen-related cancer;
- You have a severe kidney condition, blood disease, vaginal bleeding of unknown cause or an overgrowth of the lining of the womb (endometrial hyperplasia).
Seek medical advice if you have a health condition that is not listed above or are currently on medication. It is important to tell the doctor what other medicines you are taking when you order. The doctor will have a list of medicines you should avoid mixing Zumenon with.
This medicine is intended for women experiencing a natural menopause. The following advice applies to women who may still be fertile:
- Do not use Zumenon if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Warning: Zumenon is not a contraceptive pill. If you are still capable of becoming pregnant, you should use a contraceptive of some kind as a precaution.
This medicine does not interact with alcohol or affect your ability to drive safely.