What is the Allergy Test?
The Allergy Test by Easy Home allows you to find out if you have an allergy. The test detects the level of IgE antibodies in your blood. When you are exposed to an allergen, your immune system produces IgE antibodies. People who have an allergy to a substance will have raised levels of IgE antibodies. The Easy Home Allergy Test is suitable for adults and children aged 15 years and above. The test provides results in just 10 minutes.
What is this test used for?
An allergy occurs when the allergen in question, for example pollen, animal skin or fur, house dust mite, peanut, strawberry or shellfish, triggers a reaction in your body. Common symptoms of an allergy include:
- Attacks of sneezing; [l] Itchy, watery eyes;
- Itching in or around the mouth;
- Runny or blocked nose;
- Itchy skin rash, red bumps (hives);
- Shortness of breath (asthma attacks);
- Gastrointestinal symptoms such as stomach ache, nausea and diarrhoea.
How to perform the test
The Easy Home Allergy Test is very easy to use. Read the package leaflet thoroughly prior to testing. This is how the test is done:
- Wash and dry your hands.
- Prick your fingertip with the lancet provided and suck up a droplet of blood with the pipette according to the instructions in the package leaflet.
- Deposit the collected blood into the round blood well and add four to five drops of the test liquid;
- Wait 10 minutes before reading the results.
Result of the Easy Home Allergy Test
There are two letters on the test device above the sample window: T (Test Result) and C (Control). If a coloured line appears under both letters you have tested positive. Contact your doctor to schedule a laboratory test to find out which substances you are allergic to. Allergic reactions can be treated with antihistamines, homeopathic medicines or immunotherapy. Consult your doctor for more information.
If a line appears only below the C mark, then the test has not detected a raised level of IgE. If your symptoms persist, talk to your doctor to find out what is causing them.
If no lines appear under either letter, or a line appears under the T but not under the C, then the test is invalid. In this case you should repeat the test.
The Easy Home Allergy Test has no side effects.
When not to use the test
Do not use the Easy Home Allergy Test if you suffer from haemophilia or use blood thinners. The Easy Home Allergy Test is only suitable for adults and children aged 15 years and above. Do not use the test if the expiration date on the box has passed.