A doctor will review your order and write you a prescription, if appropriate. This prescription is then forwarded to a pharmacy. The pharmacy will have your medicine delivered to you within one to three working days. Read more about this process here.
What is Arthrotec?
Arthrotec is a painkiller and stomach protector in one. The active substance diclofenac belongs to the family of anti-inflammatory analgesics. It reduces the pain and inhibits inflammation reactions such as swelling, redness of the skin and fever. The active substance misoprostol ensures that the stomach is protected from the undesirable effects of diclofenac, such as gastrointestinal bleeding and gastrointestinal ulcers. You can order Arthrotec online through the pharmacies working together with Dokteronline.com.
What is this medication used for?
Doctors prescribe Arthrotec against rheumatic disorders, including:
- Rheumatoid arthritis (inflammation of the joints);
- Osteoarthritis (worn joints);
- Ankylosing spondylitis (inflammation of the joints of the lower back and pelvis).
Arthrotec reduces symptoms such as pain and swollen, red or hot joints. Because Arthrotec also protects the stomach, this drug is often used by patients who are prone to stomach problems or who are at greater risk of gastrointestinal ulcers or bleeding.
How to use Arthrotec?
Take Arthrotec without chewing and with sufficient liquid. The pain-relieving effect of the drug begins after about an hour and can hold up to eight to twelve hours long. It can take several days to reduce symptoms such as swelling and redness. Take Arthrotec preferably during or after meals. This reduces the risk of side effects.
The pharmacies working together with Dokteronline.com offer Arthrotec online in various strengths. A doctor determines which dosage is best for your symptoms. Usually, the following dosage is recommended:
- adults: two to three times daily 1 tablet at the prescribed strength.
Arthrotec is not suitable for children. Do not deviate from the prescribed dosage and read the instructions before use of this medication.
If you use Arthrotec, you may experience side effects. The symptoms could be:
- Gastrointestinal complaints, such as diarrhea, flatulence, abdominal pain, nausea or constipation;
- problems sleeping;
- Rash, sometimes accompanied with itching.
If you suffer from severe or long-term side effects, please consult a doctor. Do the same if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet.
When is it best not to use this medicine?
Arthrotec is not a suitable drug for everyone. Do not use this medication if you:
- are hyper sensible to diclofenac, misoprostol or any of the excipients used;
- suffer from a bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract or in the brains;
- suffer from a stomach ulcer or perforation;
- have recently undergone or have to undergo a bypass operation of the coronary artery;
- suffer from severe kidney or liver impairment;
- suffer from circulation problems.
If you suffer from any other health problems, talk to a doctor whether you should take this medicine. Arthrotec interacts with a number of other medications. A doctor knows which medicines are involved. Always mention the medication you are currently taking whilst placing your order.
Pregnancy / driving / alcohol
This medication should not be taken during pregnancy or breastfeeding. A doctor may possibly prescribe a different medication. Arthrotec can sometimes cause dizziness or drowsiness. Do not participate in traffic if you experience these. Alcohol can increase the side effects of this medication. Be careful with the consumption of liquor.