Important! We do not offer any products ourselves, but offer the possibility to request a treatment (possibly with medication).
If you wish to obtain certain medication, you can buy these products at your own pharmacy or instruct us to arrange this in your name at a registered EU pharmacy. For prescription only medication we also arrange a consultation for you with a registered EU doctor.
* Instruction costs include VAT.
What is Aureocort?
Aureocort is an ointment for topical use on the skin. It contains two active ingredients, triamcinolone acetonide and chlortetracycline hydrochloride.
- Triamcinolone acetonide is a type of medicine called a corticosteroid. Corticosteroids are medicines used to reduce immune responses of the body, such as swelling, itching and redness of the skin.
- Chlortetracycline is an antibiotic of the tetracycline type. Tetracyclines have the ability to inhibit the growth of a wide variety of bacteria.
In addition to these two ingredients, Aureocort contains lanolin and vaseline which make the skin soft and supple. Thanks to this unique composition, Aureocort is an effective treatment for skin disorders with symptoms such as itching, swelling, scaling and rash.
What is it used for?
Aureocort is used to treat various types of eczema and other inflammatory skin disorders, such as psoriasis, which are characterized by itching, rash, redness and swelling of the skin, and, in some cases, infected patches. Aureocort provides short-term relief from these symptoms, and reduces itching, inflammation and scaling. Aureocort calms and sooths the skin after only a few days.
How to use Aureocort
Aureocort should be applied thinly to the affected areas. Do not use the ointment for longer than one week and on large areas of the skin and open wounds. Do not cover the skin after application. This increases the risk of local side effects. Wash your hands thoroughly after applying this medicine and avoid contact with the eyes.
Unless otherwise prescribed by the doctor, the usual dose for adults and children aged 8 and above is:
- A thin layer applied to the affected areas, once or twice daily.
Do not use Aureocort for more than seven consecutive days, unless otherwise instructed by your doctor. Before you start using this medicine, be sure to read the package leaflet.
Aureocort may cause side effects (the risk of which are increased by long-term use). The most commonly reported side effects include:
- Allergic skin reactions due to sensitivity to one of the ingredients.
- Thinning of the skin where the product was applied.
- Elevated eye pressure in patients with glaucoma.
See package leaflet for more side effects, warnings and contraindications.
Aureocort should only be used with your doctor’s approval if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Aureocort does not affect your reaction time or impair your ability to drive safely.
There are no known interactions between alcohol or specific foods and Aureocort.