Premature ejaculation is one of the most common sexual problems men face – and one of the most taboo topics. Between 25 and 60% of men suffer from premature ejaculation on a regular basis. No wonder many men want to know if there are ways to delay their orgasm.
Men who suffer from premature ejaculation refer to their condition as ‘coming too soon’. According to medical doctors, the typical description of premature ejaculation is that the man climaxes within 30 to 120 seconds before or after the moment of penetration. Some men are so sensitive they cannot be touched on the penis or climax even before their penis has entered a woman’s vagina. Obviously, this can have a devastating effect on a couple’s sex life and their relationship.
Fortunately, there are ways to delay an orgasm. First of all, there are natural techniques and tactics that allow you take control of your responses during intercourse. There are also nutritional supplements and medicines that you can try. So there are plenty of options available to stop premature ejaculation. Here are some tips and tricks that will help you last longer in bed.
Natural methods for delaying ejaculation
- Distract yourself. You can delay your orgasm by thinking about something else when you’re on the brink of climaxing. Take a deep breath and focus on something that is not ‘sexy’.
- Take a break. Withdraw your penis as soon as you feel the urge to ejaculate. Take a few deep breaths and wait until your arousal subsides. Then go back to lovemaking.
- Squeeze the penis. Squeeze the penis in the area between the shaft and the glans for about 10 to 20 seconds just before you are about to ejaculate. Note: this technique shouldn’t hurt. Repeat this process as many times as necessary to delay ejaculation.
- Masturbate (more often). This will allow you to practice delaying your ejaculation.
- Take care of your partner. Longer foreplay can help increase satisfaction of your partner as well as delay your ejaculation.
- Talk about your performance anxiety. If premature ejaculation is causing performance anxiety, talk to your partner or doctor about it.
Dealing with anxiety and stress
When you are feeling anxious, stressed or depressed, your body releases stress hormones such as adrenaline. Adrenaline breaks down serotonin. Serotonin is the hormone that regulates moods and emotions in the brain. Low levels of serotonin can lead to higher than normal penis sensitivity. The more sensitive the penis is, the more likely for ejaculation to occur.
There are many kinds of nutritional supplements, medicines and foods that can help delay ejaculation by increasing serotonin levels or preventing the breakdown of serotonin:
Arrange a treatment for me
- Griffonia seed extract. Seeds from the woody climbing shrub of this plant are used as a source of 5-HTP. 5-HTP raises levels of serotonin in the brain.
- Tryptophan/Vitamin B3. The body is able to make Vitamin B3 out of tryptophan. Vitamin B3 helps the body convert food into fuel and also has positive effects on mood. Dietary sources of Vitamin B3 include milk, peas, bananas and chocolate. In addition, tryptophan and Vitamin B3 are necessary for the production of serotonin.
- Priligy. This medicine contains the active ingredient dapoxetine which helps prevent premature ejaculation. Dapoxetine prevents the reuptake of serotonin in the brain cells and significantly delays approaching ejaculation.
- Emla cream. Emla cream contains a local anaesthetic and can be used to temporarily numb the surface of the glans. This helps delay ejaculation.
Last updated on October 13, 2016.
Follow us on social