What is a Test-Point Candida test?
A Candida infection (fungal infection) in the vagina presents itself with symptoms such as itching and vaginal discharge. If you suffer from these symptoms, the Test-Point Candida test may reveal whether it actually is a candida infection. The test is easy to perform. Within ten minutes you can read the result on the test cassette. If you want to order a Test-Point Candida Test discretely online, you can do so in one of the drugstores working together with Dokteronline.com.
What is the test used for?
Candida is a yeast species that occurs anywhere on the body. Usually this yeast lives in balance with other organisms on the skin, and does not cause complaints. When the balance of fungi, bacteria and yeast is disrupted in the vagina (antibiotics or a reduced resistance), the candida yeast can proliferate. This causes annoying symptoms such as increased vaginal discharge, itching, pain and red lips. However, these symptoms may also indicate other conditions. Would you like to know if you have a candida infection, than you can get a Candida Test online through one of the pharmacies working with Dokteronline.com.
How to use the Test-Point Candida test?
The Candida Test consists of a container of fluid and a cotton swab. Before using the test always read the leaflet enclosed. The Candida Test is done as follows:
- Place the test cassette on a flat surface and carefully remove the aluminum foil of the container with the test fluid;
- Get the swab from the package and place it in the vagina, as described in the package insert;
- Rotate the swab five times around to make a smear;
- Get the swab from the vagina and place it in the container with test fluid. Stir 10 to 15 times through the liquid with a cotton swab;
- Hold the test cassette with one hand and rotate with the other hand the upper part of the test cartridge a quarter counterclockwise. The notch of the upper part is now equal to the notch of the lower part;
- Read the result in the window after 10 minutes. If both the test line and the control line are visible, there is indeed a candida infection. If only the control line is visible, then you do not have a candida infection.
If no line appears in the window, or only the test line, the test was not performed correctly. In which case, you need to perform a new test.
Candida Test results
If the test indicates that you suffer from a yeast infection, it can be treated with antifungal medication. The pharmacists working together with Dokteronline.com offer several OTC medications online that can cure a vaginal yeast infection. If these drugs do not work, if you suffer from severe symptoms, if the fungal infection keeps returning or if you do not trust it, please consult a doctor. If the result is negative but symptoms persist, please also discuss this with your doctor.
The Test-Point Candida Test has no side effects.
When not to use this test?
Do not perform the test if you are menstruating. After using vaginal cleansing, wait 24 hours before performing the test: these products can influence the outcome.