Important! We do not offer any products ourselves, but offer the possibility to request a treatment (possibly with medication).
If you wish to obtain certain medication, you can buy these products at your own pharmacy or instruct us to arrange this in your name at a registered EU pharmacy. For prescription only medication we also arrange a consultation for you with a registered EU doctor.
* Instruction costs include VAT.
What is Chloramphenicol?
Chloramphenicol eye drops and ointment combat bacterial eye infections. The active substance is an antibiotic called chloramphenicol. This drug kills all kinds of bacteria that can cause an eye infection. As a result, the symptoms of the infection are reduced and the eye cured. You can order Chloramphenicol online through the pharmacies working together with Dokteronline.com.
What is this medication used for?
Doctors prescribe Chloramphenicol against various types of ocular infections which are caused by bacteria, such as conjunctivitis, corneal inflammation or inflammation of the eyelids or eye glands. The symptoms of an eye infection include:
- Red, irritated eye;
- Painful eye;
- Weeping eye;
- Pus in the eye. The lids can tend to stick together.
Chloramphenicol quickly eliminates the pathogenic bacteria allowing for the symptoms to be reduced.
How to use Chloramphenicol?
Chloramphenicol is available as eye drops and eye ointment. Wash your hands before use. Administrate the drops in the following manner:
- Bend your head backwards;
- pull the lower eyelid down slightly;
- Apply a drop in the gutter;
- Close the eye and press the tear duct in the corner of the eye with your finger for two minutes gently. This prevents the ophthalmic liquid from flowing too fast.
The ophthalmic ointment is also applied by slightly pulling the lower eyelid down. Use a waft of ointment of about 1 centimeter and then close the eye. You do not need to press close the tear duct. Wash your hands directly afterwards. After application of the ointment your vision can be blurred for a time. This will pass. The leaflet provides more information about the use of Chloramphenicol.
The partner pharmacies offer Chloramphenicol online. Unless a doctor advises otherwise, the usual dosage is as follows: Chloramphenicol drops:
- Adults and children: every two to three hours from 1 to 2 drops in the affected eye.
- Adults and children: three to four times daily apply a waft of 1cm ointment in the affected eye.
Continue the use of chloramphenicol until you are three days free of symptoms. Do not use this medicine for more than ten days. If you do not notice improvement after three days, please consult a doctor. Read the instructions before use.
Chloramphenicol can sometimes cause side effects including:
- irritation (redness, itching or stinging ) in the treated eye;
- blurred vision after using the eye ointment.
If you suffer from severe side effects or side effects not listed in this leaflet, please talk to a doctor.
When is it best not to use this medicine?
Chloramphenicol is not a suitable drug for everyone. Do not use this medication if you:
- are oversensitive to chloramphenicol or any of the excipients used;
- suffer from disorders of the liver or blood formation.
If you suffer from any other health problems or use any other eye medication, please mention it in your order. A doctor knows if you can use Chloramphenicol safely.
Pregnancy / driving / alcohol
Use this medicine only in consultation with your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The ophthalmic ointment may temporarily blur your vision. Do not participate in traffic as long as you do not see sharply. There is no warning with regard to the use of alcohol.