Clobetasol with Neomycin and Nystatin
Important! We do not offer any products ourselves, but offer the possibility to request a treatment (possibly with medication).
If you wish to obtain certain medication, you can buy these products at your own pharmacy or instruct us to arrange this in your name at a registered EU pharmacy. For prescription only medication we also arrange a consultation for you with a registered EU doctor.
* Instruction costs include VAT.
What is Clobetasol with Neomycin and Nystatin cream?
Clobetasol with Neomycin and Nystatin is a hormone cream with a unique triple benefit. It contains three active ingredients:
- Clobetasol is a corticosteroid. Corticosteroids are medicines used for reducing inflammation.
- Nystatin is an antifungal antibiotic medicine that is used to treat infections with bacteria.
- Neomycin is an antibiotic of the aminoglycoside type. This medicine kills yeasts and fungi that live on the skin.
Clobetasol with Neomycin and Nystatin cream relieves skin problems such as itching, redness, scaling and swelling. Clobetasol with Neomycin and Nystatin is a prescription-only medicine that can be ordered online via a Dokteronline.com partner pharmacy.
What is this medicine used for?
Clobetasol cream is used to treat inflammatory skin disorders such as eczema and psoriasis. If the skin is already infected, or likely to become infected, a combination of Clobetasol with Neomycin and Nystatin may be prescribed to reduce skin inflammation and lower the chance of a new infection.
How to use this medicine
The cream should be applied thinly to the affected areas of skin. Wash your hands thoroughly after applying the cream and avoid contact with the eyes. Only use a dressing with this medicine if the doctor has advised you to do so. If corticosteroids are used under airtight dressings they are absorbed into the body more. This increases the risk of local side effects. Do not use this medicine continuously for more than seven days without consulting a doctor. Consult a doctor if your symptoms do not improve after having applied the cream for a week.
Unless the doctor advises otherwise, the usual dose in adults and children aged two and above is:
- a thin layer applied to the affected area(s) of skin once or twice a day.
The duration of treatment should be determined by a doctor. This medicine is not suitable for children under two years of age. Read the package leaflet before use.
Clobetasol with Neomycin and Nystatin cream may cause side effects such as:
- Thinning of the skin at the application site;
- Patches or striae (stripe-like stretch marks) on the treated skin;
- Hypersensitivity reactions;
- A decrease in the production of natural hormones by the adrenal glands (only if used long term).
Consult a doctor if these or other side effects are severe. For a complete list of possible side effects, see the package leaflet.
When not to use this medicine
Clobetasol with Neomycin and Nystatin cream is not suitable for everyone and should not be used if:
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients.
This medicine should not be used for treating viral skin infections such as chicken pox, or acne, rosacea, athlete’s foot, broken skin and sores.
This medicine should not be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women without consulting a doctor first.
This medicine does not interact with alcohol or affect your ability to drive safely.