What is FemSeven Conti?
FemSeven Conti patches are a hormone replacement therapy (HRT) preparation. They are used to treat women with menopausal symptoms. The patches contain two female hormones, estradiol and levonorgestrel. These active ingredients are released in the bloodstream through the skin to restore hormonal balance. FemSeven Conti patches are only available on prescription.
What is FemSeven Conti used for?
FemSeven Conti patches are used to relieve symptoms caused by menopause, such as:
- Hot flushes;
- Excessive sweating (night sweats);
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep;
- Vaginal dryness;
- Mood swings;
- Dry eyes or mouth;
- Osteoporosis (decrease in bone mass and density).
How to use FemSeven Conti
Follow the instructions provided with your patches carefully. One FemSeven Conti patch should be applied to a clean, dry and non-irritated area of skin on the lower back, hip or abdomen. The patch should be replaced with a new one on the same day each week. You can exercise, shower and have a bath without removing the patch. If a patch falls off, you should replace it with a new one. FemSeven Conti patches are a continuous form of HRT without a patch-free interval. This medicine does not cause a monthly withdrawal bleed.
Unless otherwise advised by a doctor, the usual dose in adult women is:
- one fresh patch, once a week.
FemSeven Conti patches may cause side effects. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this HRT preparation:
- Skin irritation at patch application site;
- Fluid retention;
- Breakthrough bleeding or vaginal discharge;
- Breast tenderness or soreness.
When not to use FemSeven Conti
FemSeven Conti should not be used if:
- You are allergic to estradiol, levonorgestrel or any other of its ingredients;
- You have a known or past history of thrombosis, breast cancer or other oestrogen-related cancer;
- You have vaginal bleeding of unknown cause or an overgrowth of the lining of the womb (endometrial hyperplasia);
- You have a blood or liver disease.
FemSeven Conti patches are intended for women who are no longer in the fertile age bracket. Women who don’t fall within this group should not use FemSeven Conti patches if pregnant or breastfeeding.
Warning: FemSeven Conti is not a contraceptive!
FemSeven Conti patches do not interact with alcohol or affect your ability to drive safely.