A doctor will review your order and write you a prescription, if appropriate. This prescription is then forwarded to a pharmacy. The pharmacy will have your medicine delivered to you within one to three working days. Read more about this process here.
What is Fultium-D3?
Fultium-D3 is a dietary supplement. The drops and capsules contain vitamin D3 (colecalciferol), which plays an important role in extracting calcium and phosphate from food. You can order Fultium-D3 through Dokteronline.com, from our partner pharmacies.
What is Fultium-D3 used for?
Vitamin D3 is found in certain foods, such as fatty fish and margarine. It is also produced in the skin after exposure to sunlight. However, some people suffer from vitamin D deficiency. This may be because they do not eat enough of the right foods or do not go outside very often. Pregnant women, children aged under four and the elderly are particularly susceptible. Vitamin D deficiency can cause a variety of medical disorders, including muscle cramps and pain, pain in the bones and osteoporosis (weakened bones). Fultium-D3 prevents these complaints by topping up the body’s vitamin D levels.
How to use Fultium-D3?
Fultium-D3 is available as capsules and oral drops. Swallow the capsules whole, with a drink of water. Do not chew them! The drops can be mixed into a spoonful of water, yoghurt or another liquid. You can take Fultium-D3 at any time of day.
Our partner pharmacies supply Fultium-D3 in both capsule and drop form. A doctor can advise you what dosage to take, how frequently and for how long. The general dosage guidelines are as follows, but these may vary depending upon your age and the extent of your vitamin deficiency.
- Adults and children aged 12 and above: usually 1-4 capsules OR 6-60 drops per day.
- Children aged 2-11: usually 6-30 drops per day.
- Children aged under two: usually 6-15 drops per day.
After a few weeks, your doctor may decide to reduce your dose. This is because your vitamin D level has risen sufficiently, and now only needs to be maintained. Fultium-D3 capsules are not suitable for children aged under 12. Always read the enclosed patient information leaflet before use.
Most users have no problems taking Fultium-D3, but side effects do occasionally occur. They can include the following:
- Hypercalcaemia (too much calcium in the blood), which can cause loss of appetite, stomach pain, constipation, excessive thirst or muscle weakness;
- Hypercalciuria (too much calcium in the urine);
- Skin rash, caused by an allergic reaction or sensitivity (this is rare).
Consult a doctor if you experience any side effects, including ones not mentioned in the patient information leaflet.
When not to use Fultium-D3
Fultium-D3 is not suitable for everyone. Do not take it if:
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to vitamin D or any of its other ingredients;
- You have high levels of vitamin D in your blood (hypervitaminosis D);
- You have high levels of calcium in your blood or urine (hypercalcaemia or hypercalciuria);
- You have kidney stones or another serious kidney condition.
If you have other medical problems, consult a doctor to check whether Fultium-D3 is suitable for you. When ordering this product, always state what other medication you are taking – some drugs, such as laxatives and certain heart medicines, can interact with Fultium-D3.
Pregnancy/ driving ability/alcohol
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult a doctor before using Fultium-D3.
Fultium-D3 does not affect your ability to drive and does not interact with alcohol.