A doctor will review your order and write you a prescription, if appropriate. This prescription is then forwarded to a pharmacy. The pharmacy will have your medicine delivered to you within one to three working days. Read more about this process here.
What is Gemfibrozil?
Gemfibrozil is a medicine that lowers the fat content in the blood. The active substance gemfibrozil belongs to the so-called fibrates, medicines that affect triglyceride levels. You can order Gemfibrozil online through the pharmacies that work with Dokteronline.com.
What is this medication used for?
This medicine is used when the blood contains too many bad fats, such as LDL cholesterol and triglycerides. Too high fat in the blood increases the risk of atherosclerosis and hence cardiovascular disease. Gemfibrozil helps reduce a number of bad fats to reduce this risk. Doctors often prescribe this medicine if other cholesterol-lowering medications cannot or may not be used.
How to use Gemfibrozil?
Take the tablet half an hour before eating. If you swallow Gemfibrozil once a day, do it in the evening. If you use this medicine twice a day, swallow the tablets in the morning and in the evening. Gemfibrozil works best when combined with a healthy lifestyle. A low-fat diet, weight loss and exercise help to lower the fat in the blood.
The partner pharmacies offer Gemfibrozil available online. Unless otherwise prescribed by a doctor, the usual dosage is as follows:
- Adults: 900 mg to 1200 mg daily. The dosage of 900 mg will be taken in 1 dose in the evening, the dosage of 1200 mg in 2 doses (600 mg in the morning and in the evening).
This medicine is not suitable for children under 18 years of age. Read the instructions before use.
Like other medicines, Gemfibrozil can cause side effects, although not every user suffer from this. The side effects of Gemfibrozil include:
- turbulent or unstable feeling;
- eczema or other itchy skin rashes;
- gastrointestinal complaints (such as nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea or constipation);
If you suffer from any of these or other side effects, please inform a doctor or a pharmacist. An overview of all possible side effects of this medicine can be found in the leaflet.
When is it best not to use this medicine?
Gemfibrozil is not a suitable medicine for everyone. Do not use this medicine if you:
- are hypersensitive to gemfibrozil or to any of the excipients used in the tablet;
- have a hepatic impairment or a severe renal impairment;
- have (or have suffered) a gall bladder disorder;
- are being treated with the drug simvastatin or repaglinide;
- have suffered from an allergic reaction to light after treatment with a drug from the group of fibrates.
- [/ Ul] In the leaflet, you will read in which cases you should be extra careful with this medicine. Here you will also find an overview of the medicines that Gemfibrozil interacts with. Tell a doctor about any health problems and medication you may still be using.
Pregnancy / driving / alcohol
Do not use Gemfibrozil if you are pregnant unless a doctor advises otherwise. It is not advisable to use Gemfibrozil if you are breastfeeding. The side effects of Gemfibrozil may affect your ability to react. Do not take part in traffic if you suffer from complaints such as dizziness or fatigue. Strong alcohol may strengthen or induce some side effects. Drink little or no alcohol as long as you are being treated with this medicine.