What is Indapamide?
Indapamide is a diuretic tablet. The active substance indapamide ensures that more moisture is eliminated in the form of urine. This way you retain less moisture, your blood pressure lowers and your heart needs to pump less. You can order Indapamide online through the pharmacies working with Dokteronline.com.
What is this medication used for?
Doctors start a treatment with Indapamide against hypertension and/or heart failure. Because you urinate more with this medication, the body retains less moisture. This helps to lower blood pressure and also gives the heart more rest. The risk of cardiovascular disease is therefore reduced. Symptoms such as swollen ankles or legs as well as shortness of breath are reduced.
How to use Indapamide?
Swallow Indapamide without chewing with enough water. Take the medicine preferably in the morning. This way it is less likely that you have to urinate often at night. It can take a while before the product has the desired effect. Indapamide often only works optimally after four months. Continue taking the medication until that time. A doctor will determine how long you should keep taking this medicine.
The partner pharmacies offer Indapamide available online. Unless a doctor prescribes otherwise, the usual dosage is as follows:
- Adults: 1 tablet once daily.
Although Indapamide is well tolerated by most people, you may experience side effects during your treatment, such as:
- A low level of potassium in the blood. This is noticeable from the following symptoms: muscle pain or weakness, palpitations, fatigue or discomfort. Contact a doctor if you experience these symptoms;
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Rash through sensitization;
- Vertigo due to a lower blood pressure (sometimes).
When is it best not to use this medication?
Indapamide is not a suitable medicine for everyone. Do not use this medication if you:
- are oversensitive to indapamide or related substances or to any of the excipients used in the tablet;
- suffer from severely impaired renal function or a liver disease;
- have low levels of potassium in your blood.
Pregnancy / driving / alcohol
Do not take Indapamide if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, unless a doctor recommends otherwise.
Although it rarely happens, the use of this medicine may sometimes cause for your blood pressure to plummet. This may cause symptoms such as dizziness and fatigue. Do not participate in traffic if you experience these.
Alcohol may intensify or trigger certain side effects. Moderate or stop your intake of alcohol whilst using Indapamide.