A doctor will review your order and write you a prescription, if appropriate. This prescription is then forwarded to a pharmacy. The pharmacy will have your medicine delivered to you within one to three working days. Read more about this process here.
What is Inegy?
Inegy is a cholesterol lowering drug. The active substances in this medicine are simvastatin and ezetimibe. These drugs reduce a number of bad fats (LDL cholesterol and triglycerides) and increase the amount of good fats (HDL cholesterol) in the blood. You can order Inegy online through the pharmacies that work with Dokteronline.com.
What is this medication used for?
Inegy reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease by lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood. The tablets contain two active substances:
- Simvastatin, a medicine that reduces cholesterol production;
- Ezetimibe, a medicine that inhibits the uptake of cholesterol in the gastrointestinal tract.
This drug is often used in case a cholesterol lowering drug and/or a cholesterol lowering diet do not work well enough. Inegy has a more powerful effect by its double action and gives a better result in some people.
How to use Inegy?
Take the tablet without chewing with some fluid. Take the medicine preferably in the evening. If you forgot the tablet, proceed with the usual schedule the next day. Never take a double dose to compensate for the forgotten tablet.
The partner pharmacies offer Inegy available online in different strengths. A doctor determines which variant is most suitable for you. Unless otherwise prescribed by a doctor, the usual starting dose is as follows:
- Adults and children from 10 years: once daily 1 tablet in the prescribed strength.
Inegy is not suitable for children under 10 years old. Read the instructions before use.
Like other medicines, Inegy may cause side effects, although this medicine is usually well tolerated. The side effects that may occur when using Inegy include:
- Muscle pain;
- tingling feeling;
- Gastrointestinal disorders, including abdominal pain, flatulence, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting;
- Dry mouth;
- Skin rash with itching;
- Elevated blood values for liver and/or muscle functions.
See the leaflet for a complete list of possible side effects. If you suffer from any side effects, please contact a doctor or a pharmacist for advice.
When is it best not to use this medicine
Inegy is not a suitable medicine for everyone. Do not use this medicine if you:
- are hypersensitive to the active substances simvastatin or ezetimibe;
- suffer from liver problems;
- use certain medicines (see leaflet for an overview);
- are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you suffer from any other health problems such as diabetes, a lung disease or if you need surgery, consult with a doctor to know if you can use Inegy. Inegy interacts with a number of other medicines. Therefore, please always state any other medication you are using. A doctor knows if you can combine it with Inegy.
Pregnancy / driving / alcohol
This medicine is not suitable for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Consult a doctor about the use of another cholesterol low