What is Kamillosan?
Kamillosan cream or ointment contains a chamomile extract of the Manzana plant. This herbal product is a mild disinfectant, supports the skin's ability to repair itself, strengthens the tissues of the mouth's natural defence, sooths the throat and airways, and has a calming effect on the skin and digestive system.
What are Kamillosan products used for?
The Kamillosan range includes the following products:
- Kamillosan cream and ointment: useful for treating dry, chapped, sensitive skin or nappy rash.
- Kamillosan mouth spray: soothes a sore throat, aids the healing process of mouth ulcers, prevents gum problems and keeps breath fresh.
- Kamillosan solution: drops used for gargling, or making a steam bath or chamomile tea. Has a relaxing effect, relieves stomach and gut discomfort and provides a soothing relief for sore throats.
- Kamillosan Ocean nasal spray: cleanses, lubricates and moisturises nasal passages.
How to use Kamillosan products
Kamillosan products should be used as follows:
- Kamillosan cream or ointment: apply sparingly to skin as needed.
- Kamillosan mouth spray: spray into the mouth or throat three times a day after meals according to the instructions on the package leaflet.
- Gargling/rinsing the mouth with Kamillosan: mix one teaspoon of Kamillosan solution with half a glass of water, and hold it in your mouth for one to two minutes before you swallow.
- Kamillosan steam bath: mix one tablespoon of Kamillosan solution with one litre of hot water.
- Chamomile tea: add one teaspoon of Kamillosan solution to a cup of boiling water.
- Kamillosan Ocean nasal spray: one to two sprays in each nostril at a time (use as needed throughout the day).
Read the label instructions on the package before use.
Kamillosan is a herbal product and generally has no side effects. If you do experience side effects, consult a doctor.
When not to use Kamillosan products
Do not use if you are allergic to any ingredients in Kamillosan products. For a list of ingredients, please consult the package leaflet or package. Avoid getting Kamillosan mouth spray in the eyes as it can cause irritation to the eye's mucous membrane.
Kamillosan products are safe for use during pregnancy and do not interact with alcohol or affect your ability to drive safely.