What is Lactacyd?
The Lactacyd intimate care line has been developed specifically for delicate genital skin. All Lactacyd products are made from mild ingredients for intimate daily health without any risk of irritation. Lactacyd products contain milk-based ingredients such as lactoserum and lactic acid, which exist naturally in the female intimate area. Every product is carefully formulated to help maintain the pH balance of the intimate area to keep it healthy and provide protection against infection.
What are Lactacyd products used for?
Lactacyd cleansing products are used for daily intimate female hygiene. Washing the vagina with ordinary soap disrupts the vaginal flora, increasing the chance of irritation, bacterial infection and yeast infection. Lactacyd is soap free and suitable for everyday use. The products of Lactacyd are refreshing and cleansing, and ensure unpleasant odours are kept at bay.
How to use Lactacyd
Lactacyd is available in various forms including:
- Refreshing wash gel, especially for teens;
- Moisturising wash emulsion and mousse, intended for daily use;
- Antibacterial wash emulsion, designed for use when women are especially vulnerable to infection, for example during pregnancy or monthly periods;
- Hydrating wash emulsion, for dry skin due to menopause;
- Soothing wash emulsion, for irritated and itchy skin;
- Sensitive skin wash emulsion, perfume free and enriched with cotton bloom extract for extra mildness;
- Intimate wipes, the perfect on-the-go solution to keep the intimate area smelling fresh no matter where you are – at school, the office or the sports field.
The wash gel, wash emulsion and mousse are for use in the shower or bath, and can be used just like a liquid soap. Only apply the product externally to intimate areas. The intimate wipes can be used anywhere anytime to feel fresh.
Lactacyd products are gentle enough to use daily as needed. Apply a small amount of gel, emulsion or mousse and rinse well with lukewarm water after soaping.
Lactacyd products are free of soap, pH neutral and therefore do not irritate the skin. If you do experience irritation after using Lactacyd, you may be hypersensitive to the fragrance added to the product. In that case, you should switch to Lactacyd wash emulsion for sensitive skin. This product does not contain perfume. If vaginal irritation persists, you should consult a doctor.
When not to use Lactacyd
There are no contraindications for use of Lactacyd. Lactacyd products have been used for over 60 years by millions of women around the world. Use of Lactacyd in girls who have not begun menstruating is unnecessary.
Lactacyd can be safely used during pregnancy. Lactacyd products do not interact with alcohol or affect your ability to drive safely.