Medisana Thermometer FTO
What is the Medisana Thermometer FTO?
The Medisana Thermometer FTO is an infrared ear thermometer that measures your body temperature quickly (in one second) and accurately. This thermometer can also be used to measure ambient temperature, liquids and surfaces (e.g. baby food or bath water).
What is this device used for?
A fever is when the body's temperature is elevated to 38 degrees Celsius or higher. It is the body's way of fighting an infection caused by viral or bacterial pathogens. It is always advised to visit a doctor if your fever does not subside. It is possible that the cause of the fever needs to be treated with medication. Taking your temperature several times a day gives a good idea of any changes in temperature. The ear thermometer FTO by Medisana makes this very easy because it provides a quick result within one second.
How does the thermometer work?
The Medisana Thermometer FTO measures the infrared energy emitted from your eardrum. (The ear is an excellent site to measure temperature accurately.) The ear thermometer has a memory function that allows you to store the last 12 measurement results. The sensor can also be used to measure the temperature of liquids, surfaces or the environment. The Medisana Thermometer FTO comes with a manual, storage bag, battery, protective cap and alcohol wipes. Conversion from Celsius to Fahrenheit is possible, if desired. The thermometer emits an acoustic signal (10 short beeps) if the measured body temperature is above 37.5 Celsius.
How to use this device
The Medisana Thermometer FTO takes approximately 1,000 readings on the supplied AA batteries. Consult the package leaflet for instructions on how to use the thermometer. To measure your body temperature, follow these instructions:
- Press the ON/OFF button to switch the thermometer on;
- The thermometer is ready for use once the Celsius display symbol appears and a signal tone is emitted;
- Keep the head still and gently pull the ear back to straighten the ear canal;
- Snugly position the probe into the ear and press START. Hold in position until the thermometer beeps. The temperature will show up in the window. The last reading is automatically stored. Please refer to the manual for instructions on how to compare the stored readings.
- Press the ON/OFF button to turn the thermometer off. When the button is not pressed for 45 seconds, the thermometer will switch off automatically.
The ear thermometer can be used in the same way to measure liquids and surfaces. When used to measure liquid temperature, immerse the silver tip of the thermometer (sensor tip) in the liquid. Note: ensure that only the sensor tip is dipped into the liquid. The thermometer is also able to detect the surface temperature of an object. To do so, simply press the sensor against the surface of the object. Make sure to clean the sensor regularly using the alcohol wipes provides and always cover the sensor tip with the protective cap after using the ear thermometer. Read the manual before use.
When not to use the Medisana Thermometer FTO
The Medisana Thermometer FTO can be used by both adults and children.