What is Metosyn?
Metosyn is an anti-inflammatory medicine for topical use on the skin. It contains the active ingredient fluocinonide, which is a potent topical corticosteroid that reduces inflammatory skin responses such as itching, scaling and swelling. Metosyn can be ordered online from a Dokteronline.com partner pharmacy.
What is Metosyn used for?
Metosyn cream and ointment are used to treat a variety of inflammatory, allergic or itchy skin disorders such as psoriasis, eczema, lichen planus and other skin conditions where the skin is itchy, scaly, red or swollen. The active ingredient calms the skin and reduces or eliminates discomfort. Metosyn contains a potent corticosteroid and is therefore used when milder corticosteroids have not been effective. Metosyn cream is more suitable for moist, weeping areas of skin, while the thicker, greasier ointment is more suitable for dry, scaly areas of skin.
How to use Metosyn
Metosyn cream and ointment should be applied thinly to the affected areas of skin. Massage into the skin until fully absorbed. Wash your hands directly after application and avoid contact with the eyes. Start with applying Metosyn several times a day. As soon as the condition starts to improve, you should use it less frequently, as directed by your doctor. Only use a dressing with this medicine if the doctor has advised you to do so.
Metosyn is available online from our partner pharmacies in tubes of 25 and 100 grams. Treatment duration and dosage should be prescribed by a doctor. The general recommended dose in adults is:
- a thin layer applied to the affected areas, three to four times a day. As soon as the condition starts to improve you should use it less frequently.
Like all medicines, Metosyn may cause side effects, although most people do not experience any. The most commonly reported side effects include:
- Skin irritation at the application site;
- Excessive hair growth at the application site;
- Thinning of the skin and reduced skin pigmentation.
When not to use Metosyn
Metosyn is not suitable for everyone and should not be used if:
- You are allergic to fluocinonide or any other ingredient in this medicine;
- Your symptoms are caused by a bacterial infection, viral infection or fungal infection;
- You have acne, rosacea, perioral dermatitis (inflammatory rash around the mouth) or skin problems in the genital area.
Metosyn should not be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women without consulting a doctor first.
Metosyn does not interact with alcohol or affect your ability to drive.