Mission Plus 3-in-1 Cholesterol Meter
What is the Mission Plus 3-in-1 Cholesterol Monitoring System?
With the Mission Plus 3-in-1 Cholesterol Monitoring System you can take a direct measurement of your cholesterol levels. From one blood sample, this meter can provide a full analysis within a few minutes of total cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL), triglycerides, as well as low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL) and your LDL/HDL ratio. The cholesterol meter comes with test devices, lancets, batteries, a case and a user’s manual. The test devices (test strips) and lancet can also be ordered separately.
What is this monitor used for?
Cholesterol levels are an important factor in estimating your risk of cardiovascular diseases. Cholesterol consists of lipid or fat cell-like substances that circulate in the bloodstream. Some lipids, such as LDL and triglycerides, stick to the walls of your arteries, causing them to become clogged and lose their elasticity. This increases the chance of cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack and thrombosis. There is also ‘good’ cholesterol called HDL, which helps lower LDL. The Mission Plus 3-in-1 Cholesterol Monitoring System calculates the ratio between ‘good’ and ‘bad’ cholesterol in your blood.
The Mission Plus 3-in-1 Cholesterol Monitoring System can also calculate a cardiac risk assessment based on your personal factors such as age, gender, smoking behaviour and blood pressure. This helps to reduce the risk of developing heart and vascular diseases in the next 10 years.
How to use the Mission Plus 3-in-1 Cholesterol Monitoring System?
The Mission Plus 3-in-1 Cholesterol Monitoring System is very easy to use. Simply follow these steps to measure your cholesterol levels:
- Insert the batteries into the battery compartment of the meter;
- Insert the code chip (included in the box of the test devices) in the meter’s code chip slot;
- Remove one test device from the box and insert into the meter according to the instructions in the manual;
- Disinfect fingertip and use a sterile lancet to prick the fingertip for blood specimen collection;
- Wipe away the first drop of blood with a tissue;
- Collect second drop of blood using a capillary transfer tube or pipette;
- Align the tip of the capillary transfer tube with the centre hole of the specimen application area of the test device to apply the drop of blood;
- The meter will start to read the blood sample. Results are available within minutes of the test being taken.
- Dispose of the test device and the lancet after use.
Read the user’s manual thoroughly before performing the test for step-by-step instructions. The user’s manual also tells you how to perform a personal cardiac risk assessment.
Results of the Mission Plus 3-in-1 Cholesterol Monitoring System
The results are shown on the display of the meter. Press the arrow buttons to view the values for each cholesterol type and your LDL/HDL ratio. Consult your doctor if your cholesterol is too high for further examination and possible cholesterol-lowering treatment.
Monitoring your cholesterol levels with the Mission Plus 3-in-1 Cholesterol Monitoring System does not produce any side effects.
When not to use the Mission Plus 3-in-1 Cholesterol Monitoring System
The Mission Plus 3-in-1 Cholesterol Monitoring System is intended for adult use only. Consult a doctor before using this product if you suffer from haemophilia or use blood thinners.