Important! We do not offer any products ourselves, but offer the possibility to request a treatment (possibly with medication).
If you wish to obtain certain medication, you can buy these products at your own pharmacy or instruct us to arrange this in your name at a registered EU pharmacy. For prescription only medication we also arrange a consultation for you with a registered EU doctor.
* Instruction costs include VAT.
What is Nasacort?
Nasacort nasal spray contains triamcinolone, a corticosteroid (adrenal hormone). This nasal spray relieves nasal symptoms which are the result of an allergic reaction. You can order Nasacort online through the pharmacies that work together with Dokteronline.com.
What is this medication used for?
Doctors prescribe Nasacort against nasal symptoms caused by allergies. These symptoms may endure for some time and consist of:
- Stuffy or runny nose;
- itching or other irritation in the nose;
Allergic nasal symptoms are usually caused by a hypersensitivity to pollen (hay fever), pet dander, dust mites or other substances. The active substance in this medication has anti-inflammatory properties and ensures that the mucous membrane in the nose swells less rapidly. This reduces or prevents the nasal symptoms.
How to use Nasacort?
Nasacort nasal spray works best when it is used regularly. It may take several days for the anti-inflammatory effect to become optimal. Once reduce the symptoms, you can go on a maintenance dose. Use the nasal spray as follows:
- Blow your nose well;
- shake the bottle before each use and remove the protective cap and the plastic clip;
- When using the pump for the first time, push it down five times until liquid is atomized (skip this step for next uses);
- Press one nostril with your finger;
- Insert the nozzle into the other nostril and press down on the dosing pump;
- Breathe simultaneously through the nose so that the liquid is inserted deep in the nose;
- Exhale through the mouth;
- Repeat the steps for the other nostril or for a subsequent atomization.
Clean the nozzle with a tissue and seal it with the clip and the cap. You can find more information about the use of the nasal spray in the leaflet.
The partner pharmacies offer Nasacort online. The nasal spray contains 55 micrograms of triamcinolone per spray. Unless a doctor prescribes otherwise, the usual starting dose is as follows:
- Adults and children over 12 years of age: 2 sprays per nostril once daily. Once the complaints are reduced, you can step over to a maintenance dose of one spray per nostril once daily.
- Children 6 to 12 years (use up to 3 months): 1 spray per nostril once daily.
Read the instructions before use.
Nasacort can sometimes cause side effects. This involves symptoms such as:
- Nosebleeds ;
- irritation in the throat, cough;
- Runny nose;
- flu symptoms (fever, malaise).
If you suffer many side effects, please consult a physician. You will find a complete list of possible side effects in the leaflet.
When is it best not to use this medication?
Nasacort is not a suitable medicine for everyone. Do not use this nasal spray if you:
- are oversensitive to triamcinolone or any of the excipients used.
Be particularly careful with this medicine if you have glaucoma or cataracts, if you have had surgery on the nose or if you have an injury or ulcer in the nose. If you do use other medicines, please consult with a doctor whether you can combine it with Nasacort. For other issues, please consult the leaflet.
Pregnancy / driving / alcohol
Use Nasacort only in consultation with a doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
There are no warnings as regards driving and the use of liquor.