What is Nestosyl?
Nestosyl relieves itching and pain caused by cuts, insect bites or other skin irritations. Nestosyl is available in various formulations.
What is Nestosyl used for?
Nestosyl is available in the following formulations:
- Nestosyl cream: contains a local anaesthetic called pramocaine, and zinc oxide, which has a cooling effect. Provides relief from insect bites (mosquito bites, wasp stings and jellyfish stings) and superficial cuts and scrapes.
- Nestosyl 3-in-1 wound gel: wound gel for both moist and dry wounds such as superficial burns, scrapes and mild bedsores. Promotes healing and prevents infections.
- Nestosyl spray for pressure ulcers and grazes: helps relieve skin discomfort due to pressure ulcers, perspiration, incontinence, diaper rash and abrasion marks. Contains ingredients such as zinc oxide, dimethicone, which protects and conditions the skin, and panthenol, which helps the skin to heal.
- Nestosyl spray for chapped skin: covers the skin with a protective layer. Effective for damaged nail cuticles and helps chapped hands and feet to heal.
How to use Nestosyl
Nestosyl products are used as follows:
- Nestosyl cream: apply a layer to the damaged skin once or twice a day and cover with a bandage or gauze, if necessary. Apply a small amount to insect bites or stings several times a day.
- Nestosyl 3-in-1 wound gel: carefully cleanse and dry the wound. Apply a layer of the gel once a day. Cover open wounds with a bandage or gauze.
- Nestosyl spray for pressure ulcers and grazes: shake bottle before use. Apply two to three sprays to the affected area. Do not spread or rub in. You can use the spray as often as necessary.
- Nestosyl spray for chapped skin: shake bottle before use. Apply the spray directly to the affected area. Allow to dry well. The product adheres to the skin as a water-repellent and elastic coating and will disappear on its own. Use the spray once a day.
Nestosyl products are generally well tolerated. In rare cases, temporary skin irritation (tightness or burning sensation) may occur.
When not to use Nestosyl
- Nestosyl should not be used if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Check the package leaflet for a list of ingredients.
- Do not apply Nestosyl cream to mucous membranes and avoid contact with the eyes.
- When using Nestosyl 3-in-1 spray avoid contact with the eyes, eyelids and mucous membranes.
- Do not apply Nestosyl spray for pressure ulcers and grazes to festering or infected wounds, or wounds infected by fungi.
- Do not apply Nestosyl spray for chapped skin to infected wounds or burns, and avoid contact with the eyes, breasts, genital area and mucous membranes.
Nestosyl is safe to use during pregnancy and breastfeeding, and does not interact with alcohol or affect your ability to drive safely.