Ongoing use of opioid painkillers can lead to physical dependence and addiction. Despite the fact that Dokteronline.com is not a doctor or pharmacy, and therefore is not involved in and/or has no control over the prescription and dispensing of opioid painkillers, we are determined to do everything we can to ensure that they are being used appropriately and safely. For this reason the following guidelines are strictly followed:
1. Dokteronline.com can put you in contact with an independent, registered EU doctor who, if necessary, can issue a prescription for an opioid painkiller. However, there are limits on the number and strength of opioid capsules, tablets or drops that can be prescribed to a customer in any one order. More information is provided in our Opioid Request Limit.
2. If a customer places an order with Dokteronline.com for an opioid painkiller that exceeds the specified limits, the doctor will cancel the order or only issue a new prescription once the specified interval has been reached. This is at the discretion of the doctor.
3. If the answers provided on the medical questionnaire are not specific enough for a doctor to diagnose your symptoms, you will be asked for more information about your pain or condition. For example, if you have only entered ‘pain‘ or ‘headache‘ then this is not sufficient information for the doctor to perform an adequate diagnosis based on which a prescription can be issued.
4. The doctor will be particularly careful in prescribing opioid painkillers to people under 25, as it is rare for people in this age group to have a condition that requires this type of medication.
5. If there is a suspicion that several people are requesting opioids for the same person or one person is ordering opioids through various channels, the prescribing doctor has the right to decline the requested treatment. In such cases Dokteronline.com also reserves the right not to forward the order request to a doctor.
6. When a doctor decides not to issue a prescription for an opioid painkiller, this decision is based exclusively on the medical assessment of the individual. If an order request is declined, any new requests for the same medication are also likely to be declined. In this case, we advise you to contact your own GP.
7. If we detect any misconduct or misuse of our service, you and your account will be blacklisted. This means that you will no longer be able to make use of the services of Dokteronline.com. Misconduct or misuse includes submitting requests for online doctor’s consultations from multiple accounts.