A doctor will review your order and write you a prescription, if appropriate. This prescription is then forwarded to a pharmacy. The pharmacy will have your medicine delivered to you within one to three working days. Read more about this process here.
What is Orgametril?
Orgametril is a Progestogen hormone. Progestogen hormones play an important role in the menstrual cycle. You can order Orgametril online at the pharmacies that work with Dokteronline.com.
How is the medication used?
The active substance of Orgametril (lynestrenol) works in a similar way to the natural sex hormone progesterone, a hormone that plays an important role in the growth of the uterine mucosa. Doctors prescribe Orgametril, among other things, to treat:
- Menstrual disorders, such as abnormal blood loss, pain during ovulation or the cessation of menstrual periods;
- The suppression of ovulation or the delay of the menstruation;
- Endometriosis, a condition in which the uterine mucosa grows in other abdominal cavities;
- Hormone therapy (in combination with an oestrogen hormone) during or after the menopause;
- Cancer of the uterine mucosa.
How should Orgametril be taken?
Swallow the tablet(s) whole with sufficient liquid, ideally at the same time each day. You can take the medicine with or without food. The use of Orgametril depends on the condition for which you are taking the medicine. If there is a problem with the menstrual cycle, take the tablets usually a certain period of time per cycle, for example, day 14 to day 25. In other conditions, Orgametril should be swallowed every day. Your doctor will advise you on the best way to use Orgametril. Always follow your doctor's instructions.
Co-operating pharmacies have Orgametril available online. Unless otherwise prescribed by a doctor, the usual dose is as follows: If a fault occurs in the menstrual cycle: take from the 14th to the 25th day of the cycle, 1 to 2 tablets per day. In the case of abnormal or prolonged blood loss: take 2 tablets per day for 10 days. For other conditions, another dosage recommendation may apply. Orgametril is not suitable for women under 18 years of age. Read the instructions before use.
If you are treated with Orgametril, you may experience side effects, including:
- Weight gain;
- Gastrointestinal disorders;
- Nervousness or hypersensitivity;
- Greasy skin, pimples;
- Altered libido;
- Slightly raised blood sugar after eating;
- Skin rash.
A full list of possible side effects can be found in the leaflet. If you experience any side effects, consult a doctor or pharmacist.
When should you not use this medicine?
Orgametril is not a suitable medicine for everyone. Do not use this medicine if you:
- Experience hypersensitivity to lynestrenol or any of the tablets in the tablet;
- Suffer from severe liver disease;
- Suffer or have suffered from a condition that occurred or worsened during pregnancy or hormone treatment, such as jaundice, certain forms of deafness, porphyria or some form of skin rash;
- Suffer from thrombosis or unexpected vaginal blood loss.
- Talk to your doctor about the use of Orgametril if you are suffering from other health problems, if you need to have an operation, or if you are taking other medicines.
Pregnancy / Driving / Alcohol
Orgametril should not be used by women who are pregnant. If you are breastfeeding, you should use this medicine only after consultation with a doctor. Side effects such as dizziness may affect your ability to react. Do not drive if you suffer from this. There is no warning about the use of alcohol.