What is Reminyl?
Reminyl is an anti- dementia agent. The active ingredient galantamine belongs to the cholinesterase inhibitors: medications that increase the quantity of messenger substances in the brains, allowing a smoother communication in the brains .Thus, Reminyl helps fight memory loss - one of the main symptoms of dementia. You can order Reminyl online at the pharmacies working together with Dokteronline.com.
What is this medicine used for?
Reminyl is used in mild to moderate forms of dementia, for example as a result of Alzheimer's disease. With Dementia, there is increasing forgetfulness. Patients eventually lose the awareness of time, the ability to orient themselves and have problems with logical thinking. Reminyl can, in people who respond well to the drug, reduce the symptoms of mild to moderately advanced dementia.
How do you use Reminyl?
The pharmacies working together with Dokteronline.com offer Reminyl online as capsules and oral solution. Swallow the capsules without chewing, with some water. The drink should be dissolved in water. Stir the liquid and drink it immediately. Take Reminyl (capsule or beverage) , preferably during or shortly after the meal.
To minimize side effects, the use of Reminyl is slowly built up. A doctor is therefore likely to increase the prescribed dosage after some time.
Reminyl capsules are available in various strengths. A doctor determines the strength to use. Unless a doctor advises otherwise, the usual dosage for Reminyl is as follows:
- Reminyl capsules: 1 capsule once daily take the prescribed strength during the meal.
- Reminyl drink: dissolve twice a day the prescribed quantity in some water and drink it.
Reminyl can cause side effects, including:
- Nausea and vomiting, particularly in the beginning or after the increase of the dosage. This side effect usually dissappears by itself.
- Lack of appetite;
- Slow heartbeat;
When should you not take this medicine?
Reminyl is not a suitable medicine for everyone. For example, do not use this medication if you:
- are hypersensitive to galantamine or one of the other substances used;
- Suffer from severe kidney or liver problems;
- Suffer ( suffered) from epilepsy, heart disease, a stomach ulcer, asthma or any other respiratory disease, or if you have problems with urination.
Pregnancy / driving / alcohol
Only use Reminyl upon the advice of a doctor if you are pregnant. You should not use this medicine if you are breastfeeding.
Reminyl can affect your ability to drive. Do not participate in traffic if you experience dizziness or drowsiness.
Alcohol has no influence on the effect of this medication.